32.) Reality Hurts

Still Sunday, August 31, 2014

*ROCKY'S P.O.V.*

I've started to pretend like nothing happened yesterday, but the fact was that, inside, I was a wreck. I have decided to tell Melody more about my feelings for her today. Maybe she still likes me.

I heard Rydel's door open and close. I looked into the hallway and saw Melody walking to the guest room. I followed her and watched her shut the door. I slowly opened the door and saw Melody laying down on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

I walked over and sat on the bed. "We need to talk." She said realizing the tension while reading my mind at the same time.

"Most definitely," I paused, "me first?"

"Sure." She said emotionlessly.

"Okay. Listen, Melody, I really like you. I've always liked you. I never stopped liking you. I was wondering if you felt the same way. And if you maybe wanted to go on a date tomorrow?" I ranted awkwardly.

She still portrayed no emotion on her face. "Rocky... I have a boyfriend, in New York, his name is Joey." I froze. She had tears in her eyes and I didn't get it.

She wasn't the one whose heart was shattering into millions of pieces. No. That was me. I felt broken all of a sudden. She turned me down.

Tears streamed down my face. "Okay-" my voice cracked, "okay then." With that, I ran out of the room. Man. Reality hurts.

*MELODY'S P.O.V.*

I just turned Rocky down. Oh lord. What have I done? Suddenly my phone buzzed.

Boyfriend 💙: Hey! We need to talk. Call me when you have time.
Me: I have time now... just a sec.

My phone rang as I called him. "Hey." he said. His wonderful voice calmed me down a bit, but his next words broke me. "I think we should see other people. It's just not working out. Gotta go babe... I mean, Melody." Then he hung up.

I changed his contact to -
DON'T EVEN! 😡.

Now I know how Rocky must feel. Now I know. Reality is stupid. Reality is ridiculous. And most of all... Reality hurts.

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

Results for DWTS are on tonight!!! Hope Riker wins the mirror ball trophy! He has worked so hard and he deserves it!!!

Hoped you all voted! Hope you liked the chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment! Hope to hear from my readers!

Thanks 💟