42.) Jitters and Jealousy

Still Sunday, September 7, 2014

*RIKER'S P.O.V.*

I'd hoped Katie knew that I meant what I said. I truly loved her. When she began to kiss Ross, I slowly walked away. I couldn't stand it. I looked at my feet as I walked to my room. I was jealous, but I felt more sadness than jealousy.

I sat in my room and sang quietly to calm myself.

"In the back of a taxi cab,
One quick turn you were on my lap,
We touched hands and we pulled them back, yeah,
I want you bad!

And even though it should be so wrong,
I can't help but feel this strong,
Cause the way you turn me on like
A light switch

I might just go crazy,
'Cause you're my best friend's baby,
But you got me thinking maybe, just maybe,
I don't know what to do!

I'm in love with someone else's girl
You rock my world,
But you're the one that I can't have,
Girl, I want you bad!

In my crazy mind
I'm with you all the time,
Cause you're the best I never had,
Oh girl, I want you bad!

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,

I want you bad!

So hard to just pretend.
It sucks, she's his girl and he's my friend,
No good way for this to end, yeah,
I want you bad!

I wish someone could help me,
This is just so unhealthy!
And everything you got just kills me,
Goin' guilty!

Go crazy!
'Cause you're my best friend's baby,
But you got me thinking maybe, just maybe,
I don't know what to do!

I'm in love with someone else's girl,
You rock my world,
But you're the one that I can't have,
Girl, I want you bad!

In my crazy mind
I'm with you all the time,
Cause you're the best I never had,
Oh, girl I want you bad!

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,

I want you bad!

I want you, I want you,

I want you bad!
(I want you bad!)

I want you, I want you,
I want you

I might just go crazy!
'Cause you're my best friend's baby,
But you got me thinking maybe, just maybe,
I don't know what to do!

I'm in love with someone else's girl,
You rock my world,
But you're the one that I can't have,
Girl, I want you bad!

In my crazy mind
I'm with you all the time,
Cause you're the best I never had,
Oh, girl, I want you bad!

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,
Oh, oh, oh, oh,

I want you bad!

Oh, girl, I want you bad!"

I heard Katie sing along to the last chorus from outside the door. She slowly opened the door. I looked up at her.

"Are you okay?" She said, walking over and sitting by my feet. I didn't move, I just nodded. She patted the space next to her, wanting me to sit next to her. I still didn't move.

"Come on Riker, I did kinda kiss you first. Can't we at least talk?" She asked, her eyes pleading with me. I couldn't bear to see her like this. I very slowly sat up and slid next to her. I stayed silent.

"Riker, I'm only going to do this once. And it's only because I know you're upset," She sighed, "look at me." She said, turning my gaze towards her.

Katie leaned in and kissed me softly. I didn't want to, but I pulled away. "Katie, I love you," I began, "And I think it's totally unfair that we make you choose. And of course the fighting doesn't help, I mean, you're not some trophy."

She smiled. I continued, "But you can't keep bouncing between the two of us. We aren't toys to be played with. Just like you aren't a trophy to be won. And if you honestly have no clue, or if you think you won't be able to choose soon, then I withdraw from the choice."

Katie didn't stop smiling until my last sentence. "Don't do that! Riker please, listen. I really like both of you," She paused for a moment, "Riker I have a question."

"Anything for you," I responded. She shook her head.

"How can you say you love me? How do you know you love me?" Katie questioned.

I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. She looked beautiful as always. I wanted to pour my heart out, but that would make it harder on her.

I lifted her chin so she was looking at me and not at the floor. "This is how," I say. With that, I pull her in for a kiss. Her soft lips touched mine and fireworks exploded, just like they do every time I kiss her.

She pulls away. I just hoped she'd felt what I had. She smiled at me sadly. She caressed my face in her hand and let go. She got up and left, pausing slightly at the door. I sighed.

*RYLAND'S P.O.V.*

I'm so nervous about my date it's crazy. During our test date I realized how pretty Katie was. Not in like a girlfriend way, but like an older sister. Huh. I guess technically she could end up my sister-in-law.

I was just glad I got some help from the girls. One of the main things they told me was to be myself, but what if she doesn't like me? I sighed. "Girl problems?" Riker guessed.

"No kidding. Hey, I've heard you tell Katie you love her. Do you really love her? I mean is it like a sisterly love or are you like 'in love' with her?" I questioned.

"I love her. I don't know if you can consider it 'in love' if you don't know that the other person is in love with you. Does that make sense?" Riker responded.

"Yeah, it does." I said smiling slightly.

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

Hey lovelies!!! What did you think of the chapter? Comment and tell me! Remember that this book is in the 2015 Watty's, so I need votes and comments! Almost finished! Super excited! Oh! And tell your friends about this book!

Ready for the epilogue 💟💟💟💟💟