Chapter 2: Orientation

He's advancing quickly. It's better if we intervene now. You don't want your precious Thimble to die now, do you?

No, we need to get everything we want out of this universe first.

We have the ability to traverse realities at will, what's the harm with lending a helping hand? The quicker we get everybody here, the quicker we deal with ######.

We cannot. We are already at high risk while moving a puppet in the foundation. Causing more problems only increases the chance of our presence being known. 

As you wish.

Chapter 2: Orientation

After going through the reception room, Mike leads Thimble here to the interview room. It was a dark room, with a single table and a lamppost placed in the center awkwardly. As Thimble entered the room, the door locked behind him. Right then, a man with a purple skin tone entered the room from the opposite end and sat down.

"Please, have a seat."

Thimble complied.

"So uh, what's your name?"

"Thimble Parkinson."

"That's a stupid name."

"What?"

"Age?"

"Don't change the subject."

"...Age?"

"Thirty-four."

"Oof. How'd you hear of us?"

"I dunno, just some pamphlet in the mail."

"Kill count in the past year?"

"Five."

"And how was this done?"

"With a pistol."

"I guess you're up to the job then."

The man leaned down and pulled out a manilla file from a drawer. He flipped through a few of the pages then stopped, he pulled out a page and slid it across the table to Thimble.

"We normally have a startup job for newcomers. Here's yours."

Thimble took a glimpse at the top of the file, then placed it back down on the desk. "Yeah, I'll take it."

"You're not gonna read it first?"

"Nope, whatever the hell it is, I got it handled." Thimble pointed to himself with a witty grin.

"Alrighty then, let me assign you to your quarters."

Suddenly, the dimly lit room brightened up, revealing white walls, giving off a similar texture from the entry room earlier. Two panels raised upwards to reveal a door that led to a long hallway. The man led Thimble down this grayish-green hallway.

"Room 404, this is where you'll be acquainted with the weapons you need."

"Is there anything else I need to know?"

The man tilted his head, "Walk in and find out."

"Okay, then."

The man walked back down the hallway. Thimble then turned towards the door. He wondered what was with all the secrecy. He understood that it was a criminal organization, but I'm already in this joint, right? I think I get to hear a little bit of what this place is about.

He looked back at the door, and took a deep breath.

Thimble opened the door, and was greeted to a kick in the face, literally.