Prologue : Days after

Hey, everyone. This is Kyler Fuchs, and I am now 16, waiting for the last semester of middle school to start. High school is just around the corner. But what I am most interested in is the dream I dreamt of, but felt like it lasted for days or weeks. First I was trapped in a maze within the maze, and each time the place where I started was different. It was quite a journey to actually 'get out', for I was the only one there. But then I met someone else, and her name is Leonore Eichel, 16. The two of us worked together to solve the mystery in the maze and found a way to get out of the maze, which was a kind of hide-and-seek because there wasn't only me and her. Our doppelgangers were there, too. Therefore we had to think of a way to distract them, and fortunately, we did.

After that, she and I woke up, at each other's home. I am the only son in my house, and my parents were abroad because they were enjoying their vacation at that time. That goes the same for me. My school semester was one or two more weeks away, so I had the time to go and find her, and have a conversation with her, Elenor. But I wasn't the only one who thought about that. She did, too. She and I finally met at the airport. I arrived at the airport to get on the flight, but she was already here. God, that was fast.

She did have some money left on her to stay at a hotel, but I invited her to my house because it's easy to share information about what we experienced the day before, and there must be something in my house that can help us understand all this happening. Then we found out we are the descendants of Dream Walker's, probably the last ones, and a god called Ydall was hell-bent on hunting us, inside our dreams. Unfortunately, it seems we do not have the ability to control our dreams, which were inherited generations from generations. From the book, the other descendants ahead of us did not have it, too. I guess it's due to marriage and many other things. Anyway, we were the only ones left, with a right to use the relics which were treated as family heirlooms. The problem is, we do not have it in our hands, and I meant it literally. In that dream, I swear we had it.

Now after sending her home, I am alone again, looking for anything other than the book, which was one of my family heirlooms, anything related to my town's and Fuchs's history, trying to figure out why this dream happened to only two of us, hoping my parents would come back quickly, so I can ask more about our family business. Only I wondered if they were involved in this dream, too. Did they also had this dram before us? Oh, I wish my parents were here now, so they can answer at least some of my questions. 

Now I am curious about what she is doing out there. Alone, just like me.