Chapter 10

What the fuck?!

Lincoln froze, convinced he was asleep and dreaming. How could it be anything else? Holden Dunkel—in his room? And—naked?!

The surreal sensation exploded, propelling him into a state of reality when the other boy abruptly broke from his own paralysis and whirled around, beating on the door, screaming and crying to be let out.

Even then, Lincoln couldn't wrap his mind around what was happening. He grabbed his shirt and quickly pulled it on. Holden glanced over his shoulder, his face streaked with tears and eyes red and puffy. He abandoned the door and ran into the bathroom, slamming the door shut. His heavy, muffled sobs pushed through into the bedroom.

That's when Lincoln heard voices in the hall outside the bedroom. Hushed voices—laughter and snickering.

Lincoln surged to the door and yanked on the knob. The door stuck though it wasn't locked.

They're holding it closed.

"Open the goddamn door, right now!" Lincoln bellowed. He jerked again and this time the door swung open. McKenna, Troy, and the others staggered back, howling with laughter. Lincoln zeroed in on the two ring leaders, fury coursing through him. "What the fuck was that?"

"What?" Troy laughed.

Lincoln fumed. "It isn't fucking funny. Why the fuck is he even here?"

"Guess he just couldn't stay away." McKenna snickered.

Bitch. "The party's over," Lincoln growled. "I want everyone out. Now."

"What?" McKenna stared at him in shock. "Because of this? It was just a joke." She smiled darkly. "We made his fantasy a reality. You know he fantasizes about being naked in your bedroom."

The others laughed.

Lincoln clenched his jaw. "You think it's funny, me having a naked gay guy in my bedroom? That's how bullshit rumors get started. Now, give me his fucking clothes so I can get him out of here."

Greg tossed him the clothes.

"Have a shit fit, why don't you," McKenna muttered. "We were just fucking with him."

"Not just him," Lincoln said with a brittle tone. "Get out. Everyone."

Lincoln slammed the door and walked to the bathroom. He opened the door and tossed the clothes inside without looking in. "Get dressed." He left the bedroom and went downstairs, ushering the guests out of his house despite their protests.

Amidst the exodus, he spotted Holden Dunkel rush out, head down and face wet with tears.

Goddammit.

McKenna hung back as the partygoers drifted across the lawn to their cars.

"Why are you being such a dick?" the cheerleader asked. "You ruined a great party."

"I ruined it?" He turned on her, rage simmering. "I'm not the one who pulled that bullshit stunt."

She scoffed. "You didn't have to end the party over it. It was just a harmless prank."

Harmless? For whom?

"Just go," Lincoln mumbled, suddenly tired.

"You're seriously kicking me out, too? I'm your fucking girlfriend."

Lincoln sighed and shook his head. He went to the front door and held it open. "Not anymore."

McKenna blinked. "Excuse me? You're breaking up with me over this? You can't be serious."