chapter three

************************************************

   Lunch had finally rolled around, Bailey felt as though it couldn't come fast enough.

   Mr. Gitten had spent the whole class going on and on about whatever old white men talk about.

Bailey was nervous, hoping her new friends didn't make her feel welcome only to ditch her during lunch. She let out a relieved breath when she saw Max waving her down from a table across the room.

Bailey didn't have any lunch, her family hadn't had time to go to the grocery store so they had been ordering take out for the past couple days. Her mother handed her a five dollar bill and told her to buy something from school.

"Here sit next to me," Max smiled and patted the open spot next to her. "Did you not bring any lunch?"

"No, I was just planning on buying something from the cafeteria," Bailey explained.

"Oh no no no," Max protested. "The school lunch is ass, here share with me," She smiled and slid her lunch box over to give Bailey access.

"Are you sure? I do that want to just take stuff from you," Bailey hesitated.

"Nope, I insist. I'm not going to let my new friend starve. Do you like cosmic brownies?" She said and pulled one out of her lunch box.

"Dude I love them," Bailey beamed. "My mom think they'll rot my teeth so she never lets me have them."

"Well then today's your lucky day," Max said and split the brownie in half, passing one of the halves to Bailey.

"Thank you," Bailey gave a genuine smile.

Across the table Ginny and Abby glanced at each other, both thinking the same thing.

A couple moments later an asian boy with a kinda hideous haircut sat down at the table.

"Who's this?" He asked

"This is Bailey, my new bestie!" Max exclaimed.

Abby gave an incredulous look and a huff of protest from across the table.

"Oh nice, I'm Hunter," He introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you," She gave a small smile.

"Hey, where's Norah?" Ginny asked.

"She's getting lunch with her boyfrienddd," Max said mockingly. "God they're so disgustingly cute. I wish Sophie didn't break up with me so we could do cute stuff like that," She pouted.

"Max you need to get over it, get a rebound or something," Abby said.

"I know but my heart burns thinking about her, she was like my soulmate," Max frowned

   "You're completely ridiculous Max, you'll find someone better that her," Ginny smiled and grabbed her hand.

   "Bailey what about you, what's your sexuality," Max whipped over to Bailey looking hopefully.

   Bailey hesitated for a second, she had never been open about her sexuality.

   "Oh uh I'm.. pan," this caused the brown haired girl to gasp in delight.

   "Finally! This school is so dull, theres like four gay people in total I swear."  She rolled her eyes.

   "Ginny how's that report going for Ap English going?" Hunter said, sensing he should change the conversation.

   "I don't even know he's making me do this, It's like he's only trying to please me but all he's doing is making me do more work, it's ridiculous," Ginny complained.

   "Mr. Gitten just thinks he's making a difference to satisfy his need to feel useful," Bailey commented.

   "It's probably cause his wife left him," Abby laughed.

—————————————————————————

   The school day had ended and Bailey had just arrived home. She had gotten a ride with Max, Marcus and Ginny and they stopped at Blue Farm before they went home.

   Bailey walked into the house with her hot chocolate, she thought coffee was disgusting, and headed up to her room.

   She decided to unpack since all she had in her room was her bed and a bunch of boxes.

   She had set up a small corner bookshelf and was in the middle of unpacking books when she glanced glanced at her phone seeing a text from Max saying to look up. She looked out her window and spotted Max grinning at her from her room. Bailey glance back down at her phone when she received another text

   Can I come over?

   If you wanna help me unpack

   Absolutely.

   When she looked back up Max was already leaving her room. Bailey made sure to get downstairs and get Max in her room before her parents noticed. She didn't need any questions from them.

   "Damn you really do need to unpack, it's so bland in here, I would not be able to stand it."

   "Yeah I know, my old room was so cute, I don't even know how I can top that," Bailey sighed.

   "Don't worry, I'm the best at decorating, you should come over sometime!" Max suggested.

   The two worked together, Bailey just finishing the bookshelf and Max had just pulled out a heart shaped crochet throw pillow.

   "Oh my god this is so cute! Where did you get it?" Max asked excitedly.

   "Oh I actually made that," Bailey smiled.

   "I'm literally so in love with you, you're so perfect," Max said with no hint of joking in her tone as she stared intently into Bailey's until she let out a big grin.

   "I can make you one, they're really not that hard to make."

   "Yes please, I always wanted to learn to crochet but I can never sit still long enough," Max opened up another on of the boxes and saw it was full of books just like the last two, "Jesus how much do you read?"

   "Oh yeah haha, I have a lot of books, I'm not too close with my parents so we don't really do any family shit together you know? That's why I have a shit ton of time on my hands and I've picked up a bunch of random hobbies, reading, crocheting, painting," Bailey explain

   "Ohh, well now you're gonna be a lot more busy cause you have me now," Max told her, her eyes scrunching with the smile she had on her face.

   "Well I'll be looking forward to it."

//A.N.
God I really need to update more, the end of the semester is coming up and I'm really struggling with math LMAO