Chapter 6 (Insane, 2/4) (TW)

I watch in horror as Evelin morphs her body into something that resembles Adam. I forced myself not to look at it as he whispered something into my ear. I shiver, goosebumps appear on my skin as I shake.

My sight turns blurry as warm tears run down my cheeks, and I try to run from Adam. No, was this really Adam? The man I cared so much about, the person I told everything about? It can't be. He gives me a warm smile when I turn around, grabbing my wrist tightly.

I scream before he clasps his hand over my mouth.

His hand is cold.

I shiver.

"Jonah, Listen to me." He mutters, pulling me close. I try not to cry. My hand pulls itself into a fist and I punch Adam across the face, not realizing what I'm doing.

His face flashes between Sarah's, Evelin's, and a black shadow filled with eyes. I gasp, reaching for a shotgun nearby. He watches me with all those eyes, like he's staring into my soul...

I pump the shotgun, aiming it at him. I fiddled with the trigger. I don't want to do this. This is my best friend - no, fuck it, my only friend - who's alive. I can change him. I can help him. It doesn't have to end this way...

"Shoot."

My eyes blink slowly, unloading all of my bullets on Adam. He lies on the ground, twitching. I grimace. But then, he gets up. I gasp, getting another box of bullets from my bag. He watches.

He just watches me.

With all those damn eyes.

I'm crying, pumping the shotgun. I don't want to do this again. I don't want to kill him, if I can kill him.

"Do it. Shoot me."

I hesitate, shaking my head a bit as I stumble back and dropped the shotgun near me.

"That's right, Jonah. You can't."

His grin was menacing as he began to laugh as I cried, reaching for the gun, and then...

CRACK!

I shoot myself, feeling my blood run down my forehead and drip down my chin. My vision becomes blurry, falling to my knees and dropping the gun. I see Adam walk towards me and pick me up. 

I become lightheaded, but then I realize I can hear him crying. I manage to tilt my head and realize he's just laughing.

He's fucking me with me.

Again.

I enter the endless darkness.

~~~

I walk around, feeling numb. It's just a void of darkness, no sign of any life except for me, myself, and I.

Suddenly, I stumbled where the forest was. Where I was killed.

I look down and see my body. It looks like my corpse was sleeping.

How ironic.

I look over, feeling a pull over to the Alternate I deemed my friend. My eyebrows furrowed. 

"Am I supposed to haunt this bitch??" I thought angrily.

I grumble, sitting down on the dead leaves, near my corpse. I then felt myself being pushed towards Adam as he got up and started to walk. I try to scrape at the ground, but I'm still being pulled. I groan.

I annoyingly walk over towards this bitch ass mf alternate until he grabs me by the arm and pulls me over to him. I gasp at his sudden tight grasp around his wrist, and he forces me to sit down next to him. It was silent for a few minutes, and we both didn't look at each other. Finally, the alternate speaks up;

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry? I'M SORRY? YOU THINK THAT'S GOING TO HELP ME FEEL BETTER? 'I'm SoRrY??' YOU THINK THAT'S GOING TO MAKE UP FOR GIVING ME M.A.D. AND KILLING MYSELF?" I roll my eyes as his just stare at me worryingly. "You really are a dickwad."

I hear him let out a glitchy sigh.

"I just want us to start over, okay? Gabriel informed me on this sort of torture towards you, and how much you'll hate it, but I never meant to hurt you." 

I huff at this.

"Look Jonah, you can listen to me or tune me out, I don't care. I care about - and dare I say love - you through all of this. I know what I did was bad and there's no changing that, but you just need to learn that it's in the past. Forgive and forget. That's the only way you can move on and not keep suffering through this."

...

"Jonah?"

I felt warm tears run down my cheeks, looking at him. He closes all his eyes and removes the shadow from his face, opening his arms. I hug him, crying into his shoulder.

At least he won't hurt me anymore... and at least he feels bad.

Maybe this isn't going to be so bad after all.

~~~

M.A.D ENDING; 2/4