Chapter 3

It had been two years now since Alicent Hightowers death.

The king himself, Viserys has still yet to re-marry. The council will to no end stop pestering the old man about it. But Viserys has no drive for marriage. He's lost not only the love of his life, his first wife, but his second wife, who he might have not loved, but he found comfort in her company. He officially has two daughters and three sons,  his line will be fine as far as he was concerned. 

Soon enough he'll be old and his heir, Rhaenyra, will take over the throne. His attention is fully on training Rhaenyra to be queen, to rule the seven kingdoms. 

The last babe Alicent gave birth to, princess Daella is now two years old. Princess Rhaenyra checks on her often as well as Viserys, but most days she is left alone with her maids and Criston Cole. Aemond the second eldest prince is currently residing in old town with the ex-hand to the king Otto Hightower. 

After Ottos daughter died he just wouldn't stop pushing King Viserys to remarry or to marry Princess Rhaenyra to Prince Aegon. 

When Viserys had enough of Ottos pestering he called his brother Daemon back to court. He forced Otto to step down then named his brother Daemon hand to the king.

Prince Aemond put up a fight at first when he was told he would be sent away with Otto, but ended up giving up, he was told to do an apprenticeship then when he turns 12 he may return home. 

As for prince Aegon, he resides with princess Rhaenyra children and husband Harwin Strong on dragon stone. Princess Rhaenyra requested he stay with her family, train and live with her sons. And maybe if she has a daughter, one day, they can become wed. 

As these two years passed, the princess Daella, alone, no family to comfort her, be there for her. She was only a babe of two, so she wouldnt remember, but the more this lasted, the more secluded the princess would become. The more numb the princess would be. 

Two years quickly turned into five years. On the princess fifth birthday, her soft sobs could be barely heard by her knight, Kristin Cole, through her bed chamber doors. As the girl slowly started to cry herself to sleep. None of her family brought her gifts, said happy birthday to her or visited her. This is when the princess started letting them go as her family.

The little princess realizing she was truly alone.

The next morning the princess woke up with numbness in her heart. She got up, got dressed by her maids then as she was walking out of her chambers she stopped and turns to her Knight. Her eyes never looking at him, she stays staring straight ahead, no emotions on her face.  She inhales deeply then turns to look at Cole. 

"I wish to learn how to fight." The princess says with a plain tone. no questioning sound coming off the words. 

"My princess, i don't think your father would allow it. And your a lady.." before he could finish his sentence she interrupted him, the look in her eyes darkening. 

"I wasn't asking Criston Cole. I am your princess. I was telling. With or without your help. I will not be powerless. " The dark serious tone coming from a five year old girl twisted somethin in the knights stomach. Maybe it was just a Targaryen thing, that's what Criston pushed it off as.

If only he knew the real darkness the princess holds within her, who she really was, what she was thinking. 

She turns away from Criston and begins to make her way down the hall towards her personal gardens. As she feels him follow her as well as her maids, she makes her way through the doors and out into the cold freezing temperatures. 

The night her mother died, it wasn't just a sad horrible night, it was also, cold, chilly and snowing. Which now so happens to be Daellas favorite time of the year, she loves anything cold. She loved the sting the cold gives her.  

The sound of the snow crunching under her feet, she makes her way to a tree, a maid places down a blanket on a part of the trees root for the princess to sit on. She thanks the maid and lays down on the blanket, looking up above her at the snowy tree. 

She slowly closed her eyes as she let the cold weather hug her body, her mind floating away while she falls into nothingness.