Flower kisses ~ Pete ,,Maverick'' Mitchell

(This imagine was requested by the lovely @CharlieandFreya . Go check them out, they're really nice!:)

And, I hope you like it!

A little backstory: You are living with Charlie until you graduate from Top Gun. One afternoon, Maverick surprises you with roses, a little trip on his motorcycle, and a confession <-- Takes place in 1986)

----------------------------------------------

It was a warm late Friday afternoon, another training week done at Miramar, also known as the Top Gun base. I was sitting in Charlie's garden, one on of the white lawn chairs, reading a magazine, unwinding from the stressful week, as me and my fellow pilots flew more per day than usual.

Just when I got to an interesting story in my magazine, I heard the doorbell ring, and in an annoyed huff, I got up, and made my way to the door. Could it be Charlie? No, she said she'd be a bit late, and as soon as she'd get back home, you two would go to the bar.

I opened the door, and to my surprise, it was Maverick standing there, a bouquet full of roses in his hands, his cheeks a slight red, grinning like crazy. My mouth was agape, and I just looked up and down between Maverick's grinning face, and the bouquet of roses.

,,Hey Maverick! If you're searching for Charlie, sadly, you're out of luck, she's-''

,,She's working late, I know. But I came by here to see you. And, these are for you.''

Maverick handed me the roses, which I gladly accepted, smiling widely.

,,Hope you like 'em.''

,,Like 'em? I love 'em! That's so sweet of you, thank you, Mav! But, what do I owe the honour to, to get such a beautiful gift?''

,,You're still as oblivious as ever, hm?''

,,Obliv- Oh...''

It took me a minute to realize what was going. Maverick had a crush on me. Me. Y/N. Wow.

I gave Maverick a shy smile, gesturing him to come on. As I searched for a vase to put the roses in, I hear Maverick walking over to the couch, sitting down and getting comfortable.

,,Thanks again for the roses, Pete, I really appreciate it. They're really beautiful!''

,,Beautiful like you, may I add?''

,,Pete! But yes, of course you can add it...As much as you want...''

Flustered, I set the vase on the kitchen counter, and I took place next to Pete, who had the softest smile on his lips.

,,You know, Y/N, I planned a little trip, too.''

,,That's lovely. So, shall we go?''

Maverick stood up, offering me his hand, and on my way out to his motorcycle, I grabbed my bag and keys, locking the house's door, before getting onto his motorcycle and driving off.

- Time skip to their favourite secluded spot on the beach -

It was only a 30 minute drive, until me and Maverick reached the favourite spot at the beach, where us two, Goose, Carole, Bradley, and now Charlie, liked to hang out and relax to the max.

Maverick helped me off the bike and leaned against it, me standing between his legs, his hands firmly on my waist, as if he'd be scared, I'd run off. But I'd never think about it. Pete ,,Maverick'' Mitchel was the man you wanted, the man you felt safe with, the man who made you feel a million emotions at once, just...He was everything you've ever wanted and needed.

,,Scared I'm gonna run away?''

,,No, just loving the feel of you.''

,,How did I never realize, what a charmer you are?''

,,Because you're just as oblivious as ever...In a cute way, though...''

Pete turned his grip from firm to soft, but pulled me closer. I cupped his cheeks with both hands, lifting his head up slightly, gazing in to his emerald green eyes.

,,Your eyes are beautiful.''

Surprised at us saying the same compliment at the same time, we giggled, as if we were still in high school. Like a typical high school couple.

,,For how long have I been this oblivious, Pete?''

,,I don't know, Y/N...For how long have we known each other, and were friends?''

,,Long enough to develop feelings, I'd say...And I don't think I'm gonna lose that lovin' feeling...''

,,And you're telling me, I'm a charmer, baby~''

That pet name sent shivers down my spine, and goosebumps all over my body. A bit extreme, since he called me that before, but now the pet name had meaning. Much more meaning than I thought it'd ever be.

We stood there for a second, just gazing at each other, and as I wanted to say something, Maverick cupped my face with one hand, his other on my waist pulling me closer. My hands were on his shoulders now, gripping softly. Maverick gave me a soft smile, before he spoke.

,,Y/N, can I kiss you?''

,,And I thought you'd never ask...''

Both of us leaning in, I stopped the grip on his shoulders, to lazily throw my arms around his neck, his hand on my cheek retreating back to my waist, pulling me flush to his body, when our lips met. Maverick was a bit of a rough kisser, but it was more from the passion he put in, rather than the force.

After a bit, the kiss got heated. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to describe the intense passion this kiss hand. It went on like this for a minute or two, when I felt him nibbling and pulling on my bottom lip, which made me let out a gasp, and in response I got a chuckle from Maverick, who continued like this, and I just melted into his touch, when both his hands went under my shirt, his thumbs rubbing small circles onto my waist.

As the kiss got sloppier, I could literally feel my knees give in, and even though I was flush against Maverick's body, he still had to catch me, holding me tight, as he shortly pulled away.

,,Woah there, was the kiss that strong!?''

,,I think so...But thank you for catching me...''

,,Hey, you caught my heart, so I might as well return the favour!''

,,Oh, shut up!''

I had to laugh at the cheesy but sweet line, and leaned in again, this time repeating the same think Maverick did: Nibbling and pulling his bottom lip softly. And man can I tell you how much he loved it. His grip on my waist got stronger, he squeezed it softly, and as my mouth opened when I gasped, slipped his tongue in, and got immediate dominance. It just got sloppier by the second, exploring around each other's upper bodies, when I had to pull away for air.

,,Didn't know you were such a great kisser.''

,,Didn't know I could make you go weak in your knees.''

He did make me go weak in my knees every time I saw him, the physical symptoms just showed when he wasn't looking.

,,Two questions.''

,,Shoot.''

,,One: Be my girl? Two: Your or my place?''

,,Yes! And mine, I think Charlie will understand it.''

,,Perfect, let's go!''

And so we went back to Charlie's, and the afternoon just got better;)