Chapter 6. Settling

Sitting in the car next to a silent Armando makes me question almost everything. As he drives and looks now and then at me to see if I will say anything, he then sighs deeply making me finally look at him.

The usual anger that always seems to be present with him is now nowhere to be found. And for once I am not scared.. how strange it may seem.. it gave me a sort of reassurance.

"Stella will hear from me." He finally says, breaking the thick silence. I swallow deeply because I know what his 'she will hear from me' means to him.. and I don't want to add any more harm to this..there has happened so much in so little time.

"Are you not going to say anything, fiancé?" He asks, making me look at him.

"I just don't want-"

"You just don't want what?"

..

"I just don't want to cause any more problems between the two of you.." Then out of nowhere, he starts laughing making me look the other way. What did I do now?

"You don't want to cause any more problems between the two of us? I'm pretty sure that she is the one causing them Odessa." He says giving me a reassuring squeeze on my left knee. I feel my heart beating faster when he does this, but I try not to show anything. Even though I know that he knows.

"How did you feel meeting my other sisters?" He asks giving me a quick look, before looking at the road again.

..

"They were nice.." I say softly.

"Just nice? Nothing else? You know that Aria happens to be my favorite sister right?" I swallow hearing this, what am I supposed to say to this?

"I didn't know.." I say nervously.

"Well now you know, fiancé."

..

"Aria is very dear to me, she is my little sister after all. I have always been very protective of her, ever since we were little, I don't know why, but she makes me feel all kinds of things. The protectiveness you know? It's probably because she is the youngest of us siblings together.'' He says giving me a side look

I nod, not knowing what to say to him..it felt like he was telling me all of this just to warn me. Every time he would open his mouth it was as if to remind me of who I was dealing with. My heart is beating faster only thinking about this. Thinking that his 'sentimental story' is to warn me of something.

"Something on your mind?"

"No, nothing" I reply fastly.

Then he starts laughing, making me swallow deeply.

"You think I am fucking stupid Odessa? Don't fucking lie to me, I asked you a question, now answer like it." He says giving me this dark look.

..

"It's just that. I don't know why you are telling me all of this.." I finally say looking down on my lap, as he makes a turn. He laughs making me think here we go again.

"You want to know why I told you about Aria, because I could tell by the look on Aria's face that she already likes you very much, heck she even said it herself. What more proof do you want? I just say this once, because it's very simple baby. Don't hurt her feelings. I know what kind of person you are, and from what I know, you are very much capable of hurting someone's feelings. Just make sure that it isn't my baby sister. Or I will chop you into little pieces and feed you to the sharks. Do we have an understanding?'' He says calm but threatening.

I feel my heart beating faster not knowing what I'll have to say to him about this. The panic that starts consuming me is too much for me, but I just follow with my gut feeling.