Chapter 11. The English Man

There he is standing not too far from us taking everything in.

Taking me in...

There's a warm smile gracing his face that even reaches his eyes and I suddenly wonder how Armando and he are even best friends...

"Emmett, you've made it" Armando suddenly says, immediately going in for a hug. I continue with what I am doing making someone behind me clear their throat. I turn around in haste my eyes locking with that of Aria's. She looks unsure as if she wants to say something but holds back.

I feel the blood rush to my head from the nervousness that I am feeling and I do wonder what is going through her head.

Will she question me or something? These troubling thoughts are starting to form within me and without noticing I drop the plate with the cake that I am holding to the floor, breaking it immediately.

"Shit!" Some of the people turn to look at me, including Armando and the English man. Then a memory flashes right in front of me, the very first moment we had together at the club.

The way his sharp blue eyes would look deeply into mine forcing my attention on him. The way his hair fell in front of his face...the stare down he was giving me...the moment he started talking to me in his deep English accent. I couldn't look away from him at that moment.

It felt like music to my ears for some reason. Hence the name the English man. I don't know it sounds so much better in my head...the accent...

I could just feel someone watching and observing me. Then reality made itself known to me. Armando. He's always doing this. Is he keeping an eye on me? Watching my every move. He stands beside me within seconds with a very concerned look on his face.

"Baby, what are you doing?" He asks me gently making me wonder why he is being so nice to me. I smile out of discomfort and crouch down to pick up the broken plate, but he immediately grabs me by the arms and brings me back up. "That's not your job to do." He says in a commanding tone making my heart race fast in my chest. He's doing it again. Controlling every move that I make. Telling me what I should and what I shouldn't do.

"Carolina! Pulisci questo casino!" Armando suddenly barks out loud making me wonder what he said. A woman in her late forties immediately comes into the room with a broom and starts cleaning the floor. I feel bad for her because she must clean the mess that I made. She didn't look at me when cleaning the mess that I made making me feel very uncomfortable.

> Clean up this mess!

I want to help her, but I see the clear warning in Armando's eyes. I stay put and just leave it be, I can't rescue other people I need to rescue myself. Then a sudden thought enters my head.

There has got to be a way to escape from this place. If I knew someone who could help me get away, then things would be a lot easier for me. But this is also the very first time that I'm in Italy and I don't know anyone apart from my friends who aren't here either. It's not like they can help me we are sadly in the same position. It is however making things very difficult for me.

Then I think back to a sad moment that sadly occurred in my life not so long ago. I lost both of my parents in a car accident shortly after I graduated. It was a very difficult time in my life, but I always remember the good days I had with them when they were still here. Fending for myself made me the person that I am today. So it's not like I have someone I can go to when I get away from here. But I still want to this is not the life that I deserve. I want to be safe and not having to worry about every single thing that I do.

Falling in the clutches of a mobster man who wants to marry me made me believe that anything can happen in your life even when you least expect it. Especially when you are at the lowest of your life. Losing my parents had an impact on my life. I was dealing with a lot of mental health issues. I found out that working out worked for me and was something that I loved to do. A lot of people would just go cry in a corner or do drugs or anything like that. But not me, I was in the gym. Training my pain away. Now I am dealing with a different set of pain. The physical one. I have overcome so much in my life  I will not stand by and let someone else ruin me when I have worked so hard for my mental health. I have to escape from Armando.