Episode 3: Unwavering Determination

You never thought this day would come. You took one last look at the Tatooine sky as the sun was setting.

You placed a hand over your necklace before turning back to board the ship, "we made it, Shmi."

Approaching the cockpit, you noticed Anakin in the pilot's seat, gazing out the window at the passing galaxies.

"Where's your Master?"

"Huh? Oh...you mean Obi-Wan. he's already in his quarters." He stated, "you can sit if you like."

You took to the chair beside him, "Thanks."

"I talked to Obi-Wan about you. Apparently he could sense that you had the Force in you...I don't think he would've bothered with you otherwise," he chuckled, clearly joking.

You shrank into your seat, hugging yourself, "is it always this cold out here?"

"Oh, my apologies. The first trip into space is always cold."

He turned around in his chair to search for something, "Trust me, I was exactly like you when I first left Tattooine."

He handed you a cloak, to which you wrapped around yourself. You felt heat rise up to your cheeks as you recognized his scent on the cloak...wood and vanilla.

Now was the perfect time for Anakin to study your features, now he had a proper look at you. You had a feminine face with soft features, and eyes that tugged strangely at his heart. His lips parted as if he wanted to say something, but forgot. You bit your lip, averting your gaze as you noticed his staring.

He cleared his throat as he noticed your shift, looking forward once more, "You're probably wondering where we're going aren't you."

You nodded.

"We're heading to a planet called Coruscant before we search for my mother. There are some things I should tell you before we land there," Anakin said, gaining your full attention.

In all your 19 years you have never travelled outside Tattooine. You had been in the slave trading business there since birth...up until now.

"Obi-Wan, my Master, is probably going to convince the council into training you to be a Jedi. Most of us are trained from a young age, but Master told me he felt something about you. He won't tell me what it is yet though..." he turned to look at you, his eyes held intent, "the way that Jedi do things may seem unfair or different, but we do it for the greater good. We want to bring peace to the galaxy."

A gentle smile tugged at one end of your lip, "I know I can trust you Anakin."

He returned your smile.

Your eyes brightened as you remembered something "I'm sure you want this back." You said, struggling to unclasp the necklace.

"May I?" He asked, raising his hands up to your neck. You shuddered under his touch as he moved the hair out of your way, hoping he wouldn't notice your jumpiness.

He stared at the object as he pulled it away from your chest, his eyes reflecting like glass. You closed his hand over the necklace.

"Take it, it belongs to you" you urged.

He nodded, the shine in his cerulean orbs replaced with hardness.

"The way Watto treated you..." he began, "you will never be treated like that with us. We will protect you."

You searched his eyes, finding unwavering determination.

"Thank you, Anakin."