Chapter 5 - There's a what inside me?

"Holy shit..." I thought, unsure of what else to say.

"What does fecal matter have to do with this situation?" Pestilence asked.

"Wait what?" I replied, taken aback by his odd question.

"You said shit. From what I understand this is a slang word referring to fecal matter. I do not understand as to what that has to do with the situation" Pestilence said sounding confused.

I couldn't help but smile for a moment. "Are you able to read my thoughts? How would you have picked up slang?"

"I can indeed, my host." He replied, "I also have access to all your memories. But nearly 30 years of experiences and thoughts, mixed with my own, is a lot to organize. Even for me."

That worried me quite a bit.

"Aren't the horsemen only supposed to be around when the trumpets sound, to bring about the end of the world?"

"From what I understand your Christians and Catholics got many things incorrect." Pestilence replied with a hint of disgust, "You humans have always had a habit of fearing things that you do not understand. In doing so you seem to have turned those who fought for you into the villains."

I was unsure what he meant by that. But I figured focus on one thing at a time. "So, the world isn't ending?"

A deep laugh rang in my head. "As far as I am aware not today, my host."

Well one less thing to worry about. I stood up and looked in the mirror, touching the golden runes once more. I could feel the slightly raised shapes of the lettering.

"You keep calling me your host," I said with a tone of disgust, "it creeps me out."

"Well, what would you prefer I call you?" He retorted.

"I mean my name is Aiden. But I suppose it doesn't really matter what you call me, you won't be here that long, but not your host." I heard a soft sigh in my head.

"I was thinking meat suit, or my puppet." I blinked into the mirror.

"Both of those are incredibly terrifying."

"Fine. Be that way, Aiden" Pestilence grumbled.

I walked back into my room, stumbling over my demolished door, as I put some cloths on. "Why would you possess me? I am just a human." There was a brief silence as I waited for his answer.

"We horsemen were locked away many millennia ago. Our bodies were seemingly destroyed in the process." he explained. "However, being immortal, we could not truly be destroyed. Our essences were trapped within vessels. Many have encountered my vessel, but you are the first that I deemed worthy to join with. It feels good to have a body again after all these years."

I stood up alarmed.

"You don't have a body again! You may have taken up residence in my mind, but I have control still." There was silence.

"Pestilence?"

"I am not so sure." He finally replied.

Suddenly, of its own volition, my left hand raised up and proceeded to slap the side of my face. I yelled in pain as it continued to slap me repeatedly. I grabbed my left hand with my right, fighting it back as it continued to swing and snap at me.

"I appear to have more control than I thought." He said with a chuckle.

My uncontrollable left hand continued to try and assault my face. "Would you please stop trying to pimp smack me with my own hand!"