CHAPTER FOUR

Me and Press ended up skipping, well we planned we were until he didn't show up. "Hey, your Zella right? New girl, friends with Maxine?" A boy with black hair asks.

I nod. "Yeah, your Marcus right Max's twin brother." He nods, and I smile at him. "You skipping? I am too so wanna go smoke?" Hell yes.

My excitement about smoking makes him laugh. We walk towards my house talking about each other, you know getting to know each other.

"So why'd you move? Your old place seemed amazing." I sigh, the reason we moved was heavy, but I already felt as if I could trust this guy with my life.

We walk into my house and I look at him. "Traumatic warning, I tried to you know off myself. My reputation got bad so did my family so we just left."

He sighs too and hands me a blunt. "Seems like you need this." I lead him to my room and sit on my window seat, he sits beside me.

The only thing I'm thinking of at this moment is how strong his weed is. "This weed is amazing m-m-?" I say, forgetting his name.

He laughs. "Marcus and I know," he takes the joint from me and smokes the rest of it. A car pulls up. "Fuck, my mom!" I yell fanning the smoke.

Long story short, me and Marcus are climbing outside of my window. I giggle ad I run back to school hand in hand with him.

We're out of breath by the time we get there. "Holy shit, your cool new girl." He says brushing his hair. I feel comfortable around him. "I know." I walk in quietly.

He follows behind me but stops and starts tickling me. "Stop!" I shout quietly, laughing. A teacher walks out and we both stand still.

Fuck. I look down. "Her mom needed her home like instantly and she was crying so I offered to drive her," Marcus speaks up.

I smile at the floor and the teacher just rolls her eyes and tells us to get to class. "How did she not notice your red eyes?" Marcus whispers in my ear.

I giggle and shrug my shoulders.

-

I and Marcus walk out of the school talking about God's know-what. My parents, again, are standing outside their car. "Bye Marcus," I say.

My brother catches up to me. "Didn't you bring your car today?" He asks. I nod. My parents still want me to come to say hi before driving home.

My mother's smile is brighter than the sun. Her red lipstick is neat and her hair is perfectly curled. "Hey, babies." She says, looking at us.

I smile and hug her. My father opens the door for my brother. "You driving yourself home today sweetheart?" I nod at my dad's question and let go of my mom.

I walk to my car but hear running behind me. A boy picks me up and spins me around. I scream-giggle. Then I realize it was Press.

He sets me down and I slap his arm. "Hi, cutie." He says, brushing the hair out of my face. My cheeks get red immediately. His compliments are the best.

I sigh with happiness. "Need a ride home hottie?" He smirks, of course, he does. I get in and he gets in on the other side.

Just then, I see Marcus's disappointed face outside of my car window, staring back at me.