CHAPTER 3 - A Secret

Liam Barren had gotten up early the following morning, not by force, but by the fact he was so used to getting up early to go train when he was younger with his parents. He could no longer do that since, after what happened to him, he was on his own. He laid in the bed, thinking about how he got into the castle, how it only took knowing the right people and how he lied to get into here... He felt bad for lying to Alynna.. Well was he really lying?

He shook the feeling away and tried to clear his head, the way he was told to do so was by doing meditation. And so he got up out of bed and found a big area in the room to meditate.

20 minutes passed about and then he suddenly he looked around.... If anyone caught him, he knew he would be dead by tomorrow. Thinking about this quietly, he took a deep breath and did.. What he always did.. Some water training. Everytime his powers were activated, his eyes would go into a light blue color.

****

Alynna Enroris woke up to a sound just outside the castle. Even the simplest of sounds had made her alert of what lay out of sight. She had woken in a cold sweat for an unknown reason. Staying in bed for a few minutes, she heard the sound of chirping birds. It was the break of day.

She rang for the servants to get her some cold water in a basin for her to wash up in. Afterwards, she chose from her elegant wardrobe - a green silk day-wear gown.

In her journeys, she'd like to dress herself up in riding jeans, and a loose blouse, but in the castle she wore more comfortable thin dresses. I guess as a person of royalty would?

She let her hair flow down to her shoulders and only styled it with a simple braid.

When she was done, she began to walk the very silent corridors. She heard only footsteps of some of the servants in the kitchen hallways and someone sweeping the grounds outside. And then she heard something rather odd.

It sounded... She didn't know.. Would she rather say strange?

She listened carefully and moved her way to the door of the room where it was coming from.

She knocked on the door silently and awaited for whoever it was on the other side to open it.

***

Liam heard the knock, and as if on cue, his eyes went back to their usual green and the water in the air fells right onto his head. He cursed under his breath and quickly went into panic mode.

Sure he may be almost an adult, but adults can still have panic attacks right? He tried to find something to dry his hair. Thinking of a possible excuse. And then an idea struck him out of nowhere. He ran into the bathroom, took a towel and wrapped it around his head. He also covered his face in water. He stood there for a moment, debating of whether to take his PJ's top off to give it the effect he was in the shower. He paced for a moment before saying "Screw it" and did so and splashed water all over him, before then taking a deep breath and going to the door.

"Hey just Alynna!" Liam said in his usually energetic voice. "I'm so sorry but I just got out of the shower so I'm not fully ready to come out yet. Could you give me a few moments to get changed? Actually- do you have a way to clean my clothes. I only have 3 outfits and I have used them all up sadly" He waited for a response, hoping that his acting skills his mother had praised him for had paid off.

****

Alynna looked at him for a moment strangely. She swore she had heard a use of .. Magic? It couldn't have been. Maybe the sun from yesterday made Alynna hear things. She clear that silly thought from her mind quickly and answered the boy "Morning, Liam." She said with a smile "Yes, I can ring in the maids to take your outfits cleaned and I'm sure they can provide you a few clean extra outfits."