CHAPTER 4 - His Deadly Secret

Time passed on quietly but fast and it wasn't long before Alynna showed Liam half the castle. They were at the beautiful outside meadow in the castle grounds. The wind flew through Alynna's hair as she explained how this land came to be. How Darmasthea stood on it's own and how this castle was made. She had seen it all even though she was just 28. She had shown Liam the halls, the corridors, the rooms and next she would show him the courtyard, the gazebos and later on the library and on the other end the stables.

If Liam was excited before, it was nothing like how he was on the tour. He mostly certainly asked questions and he was almost close to breaking a few things along the castle, thinking the whole time about how people like him would never get this chance and not just people like him but also just common people in general. It did make him a little sad but he wouldn't let it carry on his shoulders. He just kept up his happy smile, but once it was finished, he started to get sleepy. It was a bit hard not to convey it.

"Now out of all the places I have been to, this has to be my favorite out of all time! All the history, all the power this building it holds, oh my god- it's amazing!" he said in lines this this time to time.

"It truly is, isn't it?" Alynna said, in a whisper as she looked around feeling also in so much awe with love for the castle. She started to walk around the grounds.

"I know everything there is to this castle... Including the finest treasures and every nook and cranny of secrets. You're lucky, you know?" she turned to him "Not everyone gets a chance in a magnificent castle like this"

He nodded along to what she said. It was absolutely true and he thought he would love to be here for as long as he could, but he knew that could never be true. Being still a common boy after all, he was just giving a podium that can fall at any time.

"That such a amazing amount of knowledge to have on a place like this! And yes, I know I'm very lucky to be here and I take every moment for granted!" he replied.

Alynna stopped for a bit, before she changed the tone in her voice "Do tell me if you're tiring, wouldn't you?" She had wondered if she had been boring him.

Liam thought about lying to her once again but she wouldn't deserve that "I didn't expect this place to be so..."

"Big?" Alynna added in briskly.

"Yes" Liam said with a weary smile "I may be a little sleepy but I am still able to do stuff. Don't worry about little old me."

"I think the last place for today would be the library" Alynna said as she looked into the sky. The air was familiarity thin.

"Ooooo, the place I have been looking forward to the most when you first told me about it!"

Alynna had noticed that the sky had become darker. There were a large amount of dark clouds overhead. "Looks like we're in for a spot of rain" she said relieved "Here, come with me".

She lead Liam past the grounds into the corridors. They went up some stairs and Alynna talked as they traversed "The kingdom of Darmasthea is known for it's many wonders of knowledge" she stopped to catch her breath and then turned right to a pair of large wooden old looking doors.

As Alynna lead Liam, he thought heavily on his secret. His power would get triggered by the rain and this would be the worst time. But he sighed a sigh of relief as they went back inside and up stairs. He was safe unless he touched or had contact with the rain.

"I mean, by the knowledge you have already shared with me so far, I can tell that statement is true" he said lastly.

He put his hands behind his back as he waited to be shown this amazing library, lots of ideas of what it could look like ran through his head.