Mage 32

Merlin: No, there's no way.

The response was like a straight punch to the face, the focus of which was none other than causing pain and humiliation. It was enough to cause an angry expression on Y/N, adjusting his posture to rest one hand on his waist and scratch the neck using the other one.

But what an embarrassing situation, especially since he had the slightest hope that it would work. Of course, otherworldly beings cannot be summoned here, the idea is too unlikely to work.

But then why the hell did Merlin insist on taking him to this new room? This place is emptier than a no-brainer's head!

Y/N: You could have... just told me that before-

Merlin: Normally, that's what I would say.

He interrupted Y/N with that up-to-no-good smile, still walking toward the middle of the room. After stopping, he just started swinging his staff in strange motions.

Merlin: How could you even do that? You don't even have mana so how are you going to support the servants?

Merlin's questioning made Y/N even more nervous to have all the flaws of his idea shoved in his face so directly. This sign of nervousness was demonstrated by the expression of someone who wanted to get away from the subject, looking around and almost breaking into a cold sweat.

Y/N: I... kinda get it...

Merlin: But lucky for you, your old Merlin is present.

And when he finished that sentence, he stopped moving with the staff, allowing Y/N to better analyze what the wizard was doing while he was talking, it looked like those strange magic circles, but that one was never present in the world of DxD.

Not surprisingly, it's one belonging to his character's world. Even the patterns were different, though the same in other ways.

Merlin: This isn't a holy grail war, and it doesn't have to be to summon servants. I will help you to channel your spiritual energy into mana.

He raised his hand and moved his fingers slightly, making a movement that showed he wanted something. Y/N was confused at first, but the quick look Merlin directed at his hand demonstrated his intentions.

He approached, lifting his right hand to rest in Merlin's. The mage held it with some firmness, using his fingers to lift the back of his hand towards him, before starting to move the index finger of his other hand through the same spot.

Y/N felt...a burning sensation in his hand, like a ball of boiling iron had suddenly erupted between the tendons. The pain wasn't big enough to force a reaction on his face, but his fingers trembled slightly in response to the heat.

A red drawing began to appear in his hand, accompanying all this burning fire.

Merlin: Honestly, your condition is what makes this possible, Y/N. If you weren't like that, our chances wouldn't be so good.

He didn't understand what the mage was talking about, honestly, and the reason wasn't the brain confusion caused by the intense pain in his hand, he could handle all the sensations well. Fortunately, Merlin was able to read the confusion on his face.

He made a simple smile as he watched the red design form.

Merlin: I'll be honest with you, Y/N. Your energy reserve is stupid.

Y/N listened to the speech, but his face showed another expression Merlin expected.

Y/N: Sorry...

He didn't quite understand how he was going to deal with this new information, now he also has to worry about the amount of energy he carries.