Chapter 3

I awoke once more to yelling - not gonna lie, I have no recollection of laying down let alone falling asleep - but this time instead of it being Nat's comforting voice it was two incredibly tumultuos and austere men. I rolled over with a groan, but instead of meeting my white pillows and comfy bed I hit the cold, hard floor. Throwing my head back with a sigh, I grabbed the edge of my matress and pulled myself to my feet. Staggering to my door, I threw it open and stretched my back and arms as I headed down the hallway.

    I rubbed my eyes and came to a halt in front of the yelling. Let me just say the sight before my eyes was astonishing and quite embarrassing for them, I silently cursed myself for not grabbing my phone so I could record the cat fight happening between the two men that are supposed to be cold-blooded, soulless murderers.

    The two man-children were snatching the remote from each other while screaming obscenities, insults, and posting the blame for a variety of things that I'm guessing had happened while I was napping. They were so absorbed in their petty argument that they had yet to notice me, so I took my chance.

    I snuck around them and climbed onto the pale pink settee. Snatching them both by the ear, I kicked the remote out of their hands and hollered as loud as I could, "What in the actual fucking hell is wrong with you two?" I basically just screamed in their faces and they got quiet real fast, "I was asleep! And for some reason only known to the gods above you decided to fight over my goddamned remote! You wanna know why the two of you were placed to live with a five foot two blonde that never sleeps -" I jerked their ears and forced them to stand as close to me as possible before I spoke in a voice so low I'm not even sure they heard it "- It's because the two of you might be psychotic and sociopathic killers, but so am I and I'm crazier than you combined."

    I released them and pushed my way past, making my way back to my room. It was only 4:17 so I figured I throw in a workout before dinner, give myself time to process the day. Lately I've only used the gym, so I decided to go for a swim since the pool was installed specifically for me.

    I was digging through my oversized bathing suit drawer (I swear I have over 50 of them), trying to find my black speedo one piece when the closet light reflected off something silver hidden in the drawer. I grabbed the item without thinking and my mind was immediately sent back in time.

I was walking through New York, the air was crisp and a light breeze blew the autumn leaves from the trees. Coming to a sudden stop in front of a little Greek restaurant, I adjusted my blew paisley scarf and walked in. And there you were in front of me. You jumped to your feet at the sound of the bells on the door and shot me a giddy smile.

Two weeks later, there we were again. This time we were in your new masserti upstate, you had taken a wrong turn down a dead end street on our way back home and we were laughing so hard you had to pull over. It turned out that wrong turn was so we could spend more time together.

Just a little while later, we flew to some little town in California to meet your family at you sister's house for the weekend. We were driving again and you were pointing out all the spots you used to hang out growing up. We came up on a stoplight and I had to yell at you to stop otherwise you would've ran the red. You weren't paying attention, you were too focused looking over me and the wind in my hair.

The next day, you slipped your silver dogtags over my head and around my neck, it was just after our very first night together. They were your promise to me, saying that you would stand by my side forever through everything. You're promise that one day you would marry me.

The day we moved in together, we were moving too fast but we didn't care. All your boxes had been dropped off at the tower, but instead of unpacking we spent the whole day messing around. And that night, you danced with me in the refrigerator light because I couldn't sleep.