The Spotchka Hits | Hunter/Tech

Ripples in the glass. The teal glowing refreshment, twinkling in the dim moon light entering through the Havoc Marauder's windows. Slowly with a silent flowing pour, Hunter welled two small glasses almost to the inner brim. He slinked over to the cockpit, glancing at the back of the chair Tech had been sitting in for what seemed to be hours. Simply and surely Hunter rested his arm on Tech's hunched shoulder, alluring his fixed attention.

"Yes?" Tech glanced up to him from his screen, his eyes heavily dry and very tired. Quickly he noticed the glass in Hunter's hand as his leader nudged it a bit over to show him. "Oh, thank you.." He lightly grasped it, inspecting it's tasty contents closely by turning his wrist side to side.

Hunter gave a faint smile towards him before taking a seat in the copilot chair, holding his own glass of cool spotchka. "So, what's keeping you up this late?" Hunter asked, sipping his beverage with a pleased hum.

"I have been monitoring imperial com chatters, nothing too interesting...yet anyway." Tech turned his head down again, continuing his in his previous efforts as if that's all Hunter had to say.

"For this long? I sure couldn't do that all day." The Sergeant chuckled once, impressed and yet unmoved.

"I haven't been doing it for too long now," he claimed as he soon yawned. "I have to be more aware now that we are on the Empire's wanted list." His eyes stung badly but he rubbed them to sooth the pain for another moment.

Hunter noticed, and sighed to himself. "Go get some rack time, Tech. I'll stay up on things for now." He instructed, passing a concerned but thankful look at him.

"I'm fully efficient at the moment. There's no need," Tech assured, going to yawn once more but purposefully stopped it with a sip of his refreshing drink.

"That wasn't a request, Tech." Hunter tone dropped dead serious, yet Tech knew he was genuinely caring for his technician.

Tech exhaled, he thought for a second before responding to his demand. "You'll need this." Hunter glanced over slightly surprised to see Tech holding out his personal device to him.

"You sure?" Hunter asked, knowing that this item was important to his technician.

"Yes," Tech nodded. He trusted him with his own life, why not a simple electronic pad? It simply wasn't logical not to. Afterwards he tipped his glass back, swallowing the rest blissfully with the add of him smacking his lips to clean them from any residue. "Well, good night." He spoke, placing his empty cup on a clear spot of the dash.

"Night." Hunter responded, watching him leave to his bunk with the rest of the squad already dozed out. He looked back down, rubbing his thumb gently across the screen. Then back up to the midnight stars; they danced in the sky, glistening brightly. Making him force a tired smile, his eyes crossed the empty glass's rim sparkling in the light, then went back down to his technician's personal device as the chatter continued. He turned his other wrist back and forth like Tech was doing earlier as he focused with a grin growing on his lips. The buttons looked so used, the entire thing was scratched up.

Well, that's what you got for being apart of this squad. For them, it was the life though. The little things that would happen ever so often, is what made everything seem so much more worth it. Tech was just one of those little things to Hunter in this big crazy galaxy; and he'd be willing to give him even more then a hit of spotchka to prove it to him however many times he wanted, whenever he wanted.

[Words: 631.]