Chapter 1 - Danger in the Night

In Shirabiro village, at a house, a boy wakes up. He has fair skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. He takes a stretch before coming out of his room and seeing his mother making breakfast. "Morning, mum." the boy said as he yawned.

" the boy said as he yawned

"Morning Roland." his mother replied, as Roland made himself some tea before sitting at the table.

Roland and his family moved to Shirabiro years ago. They are clearly not from the area, in fact, they are not even from Japan. As they had a long trip from another country, they initially had difficulty with their communication, but they learned the language. However, it took a long time for the people of Shirabiro village to get used to them, but they warmed up to them in time.

Roland then had his breakfast, having salmon and a bowl of rice. "Roland, later this afternoon, can you go to the market in town and get some stuff?" Roland's mother asks, as he nods in agreement. "Sure, will do." Roland replied as he continued eating his breakfast.

Later, Roland was in the market, holding a list that his mother had made. He looked until he saw in a restaurant that an elderly lady was trying to lift a box onto a shelf, so Roland went to help. "Here, let me help, Miss Hagino." Roland said as he put the box on the shelf. "Ah, thank you, Roland, you're such a sweet boy." Miss Hagino said, as Roland smiled as he overheard two customers conversing.

"Did you hear? A dead body has been found this morning."
"Another one? This is the fourth time."
"Yeah, and no one knows who's doing it."
"It's probably a wild beast."
"You sure? There have never been any wild animals in the vicinity of Shirabiro village."

Roland listens to them, feeling a bit concerned. "Hmmmmmm, what could be causing all those deaths?" Roland said to himself. "It's those demons, for sure." Miss Hagino said, as Roland looks at her. "Monsters that lurk in the night, that's why it's important to stay indoors." she said, as Roland got worried.

Then a waitress around Roland's age appears, holding two bowls of noodles and requesting that they stop talking

Then a waitress around Roland's age appears, holding two bowls of noodles and requesting that they stop talking. "Here you go." she said, before looking right at Roland.

"Roland, what brings you here?" the waitress asked. "Oh, well, your grandmother was having trouble with the box, and I just thought I should help her." Roland replied as she looked at him. "Well, would you like to order something? It would be on the house." she said, as Roland then nodded. "Yeah, I'll get a bowl of noodles."

After he ate his food, it became late, so Roland decided to go home, as Miss Hagino and the waitress waved him good night. "I'm surprised you haven't asked him out, Akina. You two would make a cute couple." Miss Hagino spoke as Akina blushed. 

"Grandma, he is just a friend

"Grandma, he is just a friend." she replied.

"Are you sure? You always let him have a free meal when he comes over, and you always enjoy his company." Miss Hagino replied, as she looked at her granddaughter, as Akina blushed before she headed back inside to clean up.

-Meanwhile, at the Shirabiro village entrance-

A man enters, he wears a brownish-red short kimono with a red kimono above it and a dark-red Obi sash belt around it, with black trousers and wooden sandals. Attached to his Obi sash belt was a sword, and on his shoulder was a crow, as he walked in the village.

-meanwhile-

Akina went outside to take out the trash; she took the bag and placed it in the wood box, but then a shadow appeared, she turned to see who was approaching. It was dark, but she saw a figure of a man; his movement appeared to be drunk or something.

"Ummmmmm, can I help you?" She asked, getting a bit worried, as she slowly moved closer to the door. "I'm, hungry." the shadowy person said. "Sorry, sir, but we're closed." she said, trying to ask him to leave. but he keeps moving toward her. As her eyes widen in fear, as he steps into the light, revealing he had grey skin, red eyes with black sclera, and sharp teeth.

-meanwhile-

Roland was heading back until he heard a scream. It was coming from back at the restaurant, so he runs there. He saw Akina on the ground, pin to a wall, with her left arm bleeding, as she holds it, Roland sees the person who attacked Akina, he then picks up a rock and throws it at the person, as he stopped to turn to look at Roland.

"Wait, what's going on?" He asked, terrified at the sight of the person standing in front of him. "What are you." he asked, before remembering what Miss Hagino said.

"Monsters that lurk in the night, that's why it's important to stay indoors."

"Wait... is he... a demon?" As the demon attacks Roland, he dodges before spotting a towel hanging to dry, which he grabs and pulls on the demon to distract him, as he carries Akina as he flees, trying to get her somewhere safe, as the demon tears the towel.

Roland looked back, thinking that they got away, but the demon came in a speed, running on the roofs and jumping in front of Roland, making him trip, but still holding Akina in his arms. "Well, it looks like I'll be having two humans tonight." the demon said, but before the demon could do anything, he heard a footstep. The demon turned to see the man behind him.

"Who the hell are you?!" the demon asked annoyingly, as Roland looked at the man from a distance and saw that he was holding a sword. "Good thing I made it on time." the man said. "Good thing? Ha! More like a bad thing for you." the demon replied, as he charged at the man.

He just stood there as he took out his sword, using his thumb to push it out from its sheath.

The man then drew his sword, a burst of magma came out, and before the demon realised who he was facing, the man, in a flash, cut off the demon's head clean off

"H-how!?!?" The demon thinks, having a shocked look on his face, before his body and head start disintegrating.

As Roland held Akina, his eyes widened in amazement, seeing how fast the man was. "That was fast. He just cut that demon's head right off." Roland thinks, as the man puts his sword away before looking at him and at the injured Akina.