Chapter 3 - Final Selection

Roland just stands there, seeing many different people taking part in the final selection, He takes a deep breath and walks, feeling assured that he can do this.

"Who is this guy?"

Roland stopped, hearing a girl say that, with his eyes widening in worry.

"He looks weird."
"Is he an outsider?"
"What is someone like him doing here?"
"So are they just letting anyone in?"

Roland hears all the whispering from the other examinees, all of them just looking at him, making Roland's neck feel tight, like he did something wrong. He then held his arm, thinking that he shouldn't be here.

A girl watches, she has fair skin, long black hair with a light purple bow, and dark blue eyes, She wears the same type of clothes as the other examinees, but hers is purple with a purple floral pattern.

The girl did not want to take part in all this gossiping, but she also did not want to do anything about it, so she moved somewhere far away.

Roland can't take all this judgement on him, maybe it's best if he should just...

"Come on guys, can't you see you're making him feel uncomfortable?"

Another girl called out, she is average height with big, bright eyes that fade from gold to orange with white pupils. She has shoulder length, auburn brown hair with parted bangs. She also wears the same type of clothes as the other examinees, but hers are light yellow with white stars on it.

Roland looks at her, surprised that someone is defending him.

"she's right." A boy said, he had fair skin, brown hair, and black eyes, he too wore the same type of clothes, but they were brown with white leaves pattern on it.

"He is here for the same reason we all are, to become demon Slayers. "So cut out with all this prejudice nonsense, and let him be." he said as he walked up to Roland.

"Hey, I'm Akio Mieko." he said, as everyone went back to standing around waiting for the final selection to start. "oh, I'm Roland Whittingham." Roland replied. "Nice to meet you, Roland. So are you excited for this?" Akio asked. "Ummmm, I don't know." Roland said.

"huh, understandable, it's hard to know until you actually take part in it." Akio replied as Roland smile, feeling relieved that someone is talking to him like a normal person.

The brown-haired girl walks towards them, wanting to talk with Roland and Akio, until two kids appear, both looking alike with light pale skin and large eyes. with a blunt bob with a fringe covering their eyebrows, but one has black hair and the other has white hair. They both wore a purple, flower-patterned Houmongi kimono with a dark indigo juban under it with a sheen green obi with a dark indigo obiage and a plum-red obijime tied to it. kimono with a dark indigo juban under it with a sheen green obi with a dark indigo obiage and a plum-red obijime tied to it.

 kimono with a dark indigo juban under it with a sheen green obi with a dark indigo obiage and a plum-red obijime tied to it

"Good evening." they both said, as everyone looked at them. "Tonight, you come to enter the demon slayer corps final selection, thank you all for being here." They both said.

"Here on Mt. Fujikasane, there are several demons that were captured alive by the demon slayer swordsmen. They are kept here for this event." the white-haired kid said. "The wisteria blossoms prevent them from leaving, they bloom on this mountain year-round, and they cover everything from the base to half way to the top." the black-haired kid said.

"But the wisteria ends here. so the demons abound from this point on and are very hungry." the white-haired kid said. "In order to complete final selection, you must, survive for seven days beyond the wisteria protection." the black-haired kid said.

"Now, your trial begins." they both said, as they bowed. Then everyone heads out. "seven days?" Roland said to himself, as Akio and the brown-haired girl looked at him, with her going off, disappointed she didn't get to talk with them.

"Hey Roland." Akio said, as Roland looked at him, seeing Akio holding up his fist. "Good luck." Akio said, as Roland smiles, as he fist bump him.