Chapter 5 - Lamp Oil

Roland entered the village that he was tasked to investigate. The place was quiet, the people were doing their normal day, until they see Roland walking by, some questioned why he is wearing armour, while others questioned on what Roland is, as they have never seen a foreigner before.

Roland then end up having that same feeling, the feeling of being judge for being a foreigner, just like those examinees back at the final selection, and just like back then, he felt like he shouldn't be here, like he doesn't belong.

"PLEASE!!!"

Roland turned to see a boy talking to a grown man. He had black hair and grey eyes. He wears a greyish blue kimono shirt, with dark hakama pant and grey zori.

"I need to know where my father is!!" the kid said, as the man, who seem to be the owner of the building, was getting annoyed at the kid as everyone who was looking at Roland went off to mind their own business. "Look, kid, I don't know what happened to him! Now get lost!!!" the owner replied.

"But he came here last night with his friend, but never came back!!" the kid said, desperate to find his father. "I said get lost!!" the man yelled, as he pushed the kid away before going back in the building.

 "I said get lost!!" the man yelled, as he pushed the kid away before going back in the building

The kid then get up on his knees, feeling helpless and frustrated that nobody seems to care. "why will no one help me?" the kid said to himself, before Roland appeared next to him, kneeling, so that he can look at the kid in an equal viewing.

"I'll help you."

As the kid look at Roland, he was shock to see his face. "Huh?" the kid replied, his eyes grew wide.

-later-

Roland and the kid went somewhere else to talk. "First off, kid, what's your name?" Roland asked. "I'm Arata." he replied, still confuse on what Roland is, but if he said that he'll help him, he had to tell him. "Okay, Arata. Can you tell me what happened, about your father and his friend?" Roland asked.

"Well, my dad and his friend went to get sake, they do this every three weeks, and normally he always came safe, but the past two weeks people have been going missing, and I'm worried that my father might be one of them." Arata replied, as Roland thinks, trying to think.