Chapter 1 Doubt

Peter Parker was happy, despite life being hell bent on taking that away from him.

His parents just disappear one day, uncle Ben died because of him. He nearly died himself from being too stubborn and realized just how dangerous being Spider-Man was.

Yep Homecoming messed him up good, but Peter liked to think those trials made him better. That he learned something.

But the feeling that he could be doing more never left him. Even as he saved people left and right from mostly petty crimes.

He knew it was all worth it, even tho everyone seemed to hate him.

Ever since he had been identified with the plane crash the news started calling him a menace. Especially the exhausting daily bugle.

What he had done to piss off J Jonah Jameson so much was still a mystery to him.

But he did take some time of his day to childishly flip off his billboard from time to time. After all he was still a teenager, granted he could stop a speeding bus dead in its tracks like it was a toy, but that fact always seemed to slip people's mind.

Especially mister Stark, by no mean was Peter bitter about the previous events, but his suit being taken didn't really feel like a lesson. More like a consequence for trying to do things against his wishes.

Peter shook his head mid swing. Mister Stark wasn't an idiot. He had a good reason even if it escaped him. It was just a matter of perspective right?

He decided to not linger too much on those thoughts. He still got phantom aches from when he tried to fix the Staten Island Ferry.

Who knew trying to keep over 3000 tons from splitting apart could hurt so much.

The sound of a gunshot reached his ears. Peter immediately swerved around. Shooting his web into another building. Quickly finding a man running away. A plastic bag and a gun in hands.

Peter webbed his armed hand to an electric post he ran by. Sending him sliding down half hanging by his now trapped hand.

Peter ignored the protests of the robber and effortlessly snatched the bag out of his grip.
Peter looked around, usually there was at least one angry employee running after the thief. This was New-York after all. Nothing can stop a New-Yorker from being pissed off.

His blood running cold Peter sprinted in the direction the thief came from quickly coming to a drug store around the corner of the street.

The cashier wasn't there. Peter ran in dropping the bag and running around the counter. Finding a terrified teenager pressing his hands to the bloody wound of an elderly man.

He looked up his eyes teary, but they soon gained a hopeful glint.

"You're spider man, you can save him right you can help my grandpa!?" He frantically demanded as the old man managed to demand who in god's name was he talking too.

Peter tried to stay calm himself, dealing with vilains was one thing, but this was a whole new kind of stress.

Luckily he already had an idea.

"Karen give me the thinnest web combination possible." He ordered kneeling besides the injured man.

The teen didn't have time to ask who he was talking too before Peter gently moved his hands away.

He sprayed a web against the wound. Effectively sealing it shut, but instead of several hours the web would dissolve in a few minutes.

He turned the man on his side and thankfully found an exit wound. Which he quickly closed as well.