𝐉𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐇 - Pooter

from an unpublished book -

"AALIYAH, NOW YOU KNOW DAMN WELL MAMA NOT INNA LET US GO OUT

"AALIYAH, NOW YOU KNOW DAMN WELL MAMA NOT INNA LET US GO OUT." I told my sister — she had been buggin' me all day about a party that was tonight. "That's why we're gonna sneak out stupid." She told me, we made eye contact. "Be fucking fareal" I said to her — "I am foreal." She responded. Girl im going to sleep, get out." I told her as I put my blanket over myself —she sighed and got off of my bed.

"I'm finna go take a shower, you better be dressed before im done Jayah Asia Lee- Adam Lyfe" she said as she walked towards my room door to leave — "Girl don't make me punch you." I threatened.

She just laughed and closed the door behind her. Ion't een wanna go — but ig a little social interaction would do me a lil good.

And if it means I'm spending time with my sister aii. Once we finally managed to sneak out without waking anyone up — we took an uber to the party. It was at Aaliyah's friends' house. Aaliyah went somewhere in the house with her friends — while my antisocial ass at on the couch on my phone. As I sat there I felt someone sit next to me, but I aint think nun of it. "Hey ma" the boy greeted me — I looked up from my phone and looked at him damn he was fine, he was admiring my lips before making eye contact with me, "Hey?" He chuckled, "Why you sayin' hey as if youn' want me talkin' to you or sum"

He smelled like weed and strong Dior cologne with a hint of pineapple, and he was wearing Amiri jeans that said "Amiri" in Beige wordings — with a beige Palm Angel shirt with matching Dior sneakers. Damn finally a nigga that can dress. "And if I dont?" I joked with a small smile.

He sat back on the couch and smacked his teeth, "How old you is?" He asked me, and I sighed before speaking "17" his smirk grew wider. "How old are you?" I asked him "18, what's ya name?" He asked, "Jayah.. you?" "Pooter"

"Pooter?" I asked with a smile, he nodded and I chuckled, "what's so funny?" He said laughin softly.

"Pooter?? Nigga what's ya real name?" I asked him, he smacked his teeth and looked at me with a 'why you worried abt it' type of look —" Nep.." he told me.

"Nice to meet you Nep." Must be short for something.

We sat there talking for like an hour before me and Aaliyah decided we should head home — it was already 2 something, and we NEEDED to leave. As I was walking through the crowd with my sister I felt someone pull me by my waist from behind.

I was startled at first — until I heard the person speak, "Can I get ya number ma?" Jason asked.I looked back at him before looking at my sister, "I'll order the Uber you jus' wait outside" I told Aaliyah "Aii" she agreed before walking outside. After giving him my number, he walked me outside, he had his arm around me. "I can drive ya home if ya want?" He offered "I dunno.." I hesitated.

"It's less money that you have to spend?" He Insisted. I was still hesitant, because I had only just met him — he could literally kidnap, me and my little sister and murder us —but then againit would be free, I need to use my money to buy wigs, clothes, shoes, and jewelry "Aii." I said.