𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐉𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐋 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓 - Ymw Melly

With a gentle stroke, I cleaned my teeth while resting against the sink counter

With a gentle stroke, I cleaned my teeth while resting against the sink counter. The clock read 5 in the morning, and I prepared myself to reunite with my husband, Jamell, after his nearly five-year incarceration, but this time was different.

I was thrilled to have a conjugal visit and spend seven days with Jamell. After months of waiting for approval, I finally got the green light, but there was no room for error—I had to be there precisely at 7:45 am, or risk going through the approval process again, which I wasn't about to do. Our quick decision to marry when I was 18 and he was 19 paid off, as only married inmates could have conjugal visits in New York. I was also grateful that Jamell had maintained exemplary behavior for this opportunity to come to fruition.

Once I finished my morning routine—brushing my teeth, skincare, and a quick shower—I had to rush to get ready. Opting for a simple, natural glam makeup look, I touched up my silk press and extensions. It had been nine long months since I'd seen Jamell, not because I didn't want to, but because life's responsibilities—work, bills, and other stuff—had kept me occupied. But today, I wanted to look perfect for our reunion.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time, it was almost 6 and the drive to the prison is about 30 minutes from my apartment.

Shit.. I thought, I got up and went into my closet and got a simple outfit and quickly put it on, before running back to my vanity and putting on my Van Cleef bracelets and matching necklace.

After packing my bags, I double-checked to ensure I had everything I needed. "Uhmmm..." I mumbled, scanning the room. "I think that's everything... oh!" Spotting my vanity, I knelt down and retrieved a large 7-pound bucket of pure Shea butter, imported from Africa.

I swiftly applied some of the pure Shea butter to my arms, neck, and chest, followed by the MOUSSÖU Coconilla body butter, and a spritz of Clean by Reserve along with my vanilla-scented perfume from Bath and Body Works. Now, I was looking and smelling like a glazed donut. Glancing at my phone, it was 6:23 am, so I did a triple check of everything I packed—shoes for both Melly and me, and clothes for both of us.

I tucked my phone into my pocket and picked up Melly's LV duffel bags, which he had left at my house long before his incarceration. Along with those, I grabbed my Gallery Dept tote bag containing my feminine products—soap, skincare, oral hygiene items—and the jewelry and other essentials for Melly.

"Jamie can you help me bring this to the car?" I shouted walking towards Melly's little brothers room, since Melly is in prison, and he has a lot of money, I became his account holder, so he told me to move his little brother and mother out of the hood, and to watch after them while he's gone, and of course I send him money to get snacks while he's there suffering.

"Yeah I'm comin!" I said, a couple seconds later he came out of his room and grabbed the duffel bags and left me with the tote.

"Jamie, can you help me bring this to the car?" I called out as I headed towards Melly's little brother's room. Since Melly is in prison and has considerable funds, I've become his account holder. He entrusted me with moving his little brother and mother out of the hood and looking after them while he's away.