7

7: The Crew Is The Ship

I had bumped into someone. I stopped myself from falling as I had found something to steady my balance. I looked up to find my hands on someone' chest. "죄송해요. 그런 뜻이 아니었어요..." (I am so sorry. I didn't mean...)

This is when I looked up even more to the face of the man I bumped into. "It is no problem at all." Who was this ? His red hair slightly drawing my attention from his chest. I removed my hands from him with a awkward laugh. "I am Wooyoung. You are the Drift Girl, right ?"

I rolled my eyes. "I have a name." He smirked as he made me walk with him. "성함이 어떻게 되시죠?" (Care to tell me your name ?) Great. A total flirt. I sighed as I gave him my name. Even though I am sure he knew my name. "Narae. Do Narae."

Wooyoung seemed pleased. This when I noticed his bracelet. It had two charms. One charm was the ship. The other was an anchor. "You must have the most important role on the ship. Dealing with the anchors can't be easy."

Wooyoung nodded as he seemed so full of energy. Even though Wooyoung probably had the most exhausting role on the ship. "저는 요리도 해요. 이 배는 우리 선원들 없이는 계속 달리기가 쉽지 않을 거예요." (I also cook. This ship wouldn't be easy to keep running without our crew.) The captain made the crew, & the crew made the ship. In order for things to go well, it has to start with effort. Effort from everyone.

The captain needed a crew as he set sail. The crew is what helped keep the ship in tact, as well as give confidence back to their captain out of their acts of admiration & devotion. "I've met everyone besides the captain of this ship. What's he like ?" Wooyoung smiled as he sat me down where I assume he usually was to be closer to the anchors.

"He is like any captain. He is strict, but lenient. The main rule is to NEVER destroy the ship." I simply nodded as Wooyoung' expression softened once more. "Seonghwa said staying on this ship relied on what I wanted... Can I really be that selfish ?" Wooyoung seemed to understand what I mean as he grinned, "성화형이 틀리지 않았어요. 당신이 원하는 것은 당신이 머물지를 결정하는 것입니다, 나래아. 당신이 진정으로 원하는 것은 무엇입니까?" (Seonghwa hyung is not wrong. What you want is what will determine if you stay, Narae ah. What is it that you truly want ?)

I seriously thought about it. What I truly wanted... I want a few things. I want my father to stand up for me more. I want my mother not to lie to me anymore... Freedom. It all came down to that. I never truly felt free because I (like everyone else) lacked emotion. "I want to feel... I want to feel it all..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Soon enough I was left alone. I looked out at the sea around us as I let out a deep breath. I had learned quite a lit from being here. A few questions remained. What of the Captain ? Was there something off about the ship ? What did this crew of pirates call themselves ? Why does this ship actually feel like a home ?

Each of the crew that I have met have unique titles. These titles are what gave each of them a position.

Park Seonghwa 박성화 - First Mate, "Killer Intuition"

Jeong Yunho 정윤호 - "The Master Dagger"

Kang Yeosang 강여상 - "The Beguiling Distraction"

Choi San 최산 - "Swift Hands"

Song Mingi 송민기 - "The Mystery"

Jung Wooyoung 정우영 - "Anchor"

Choi Jongho 최종호 - "The Puzzle"