Chapter Three

Even though Donghyuck was sure Mark knew where Jeno usually parked and how his car looked, he still glanced around, trying to spot it. The boy only calmed down after noticing no traces of Jeno, and that was after two minutes of analyzing the parking lot.

"Getting in or nah?"

Mark stared at Donghyuck from the open window.

"Right!"

Donghyuck opened the door and got inside. The car drew all the uncomfortable degree of coolness from the outside as Donghyuck felt like sitting in a freezer. He wondered whether Mark noticed him shivering as the senior turned on the heater so fast as if he had a gun pointed at his head.

"Gosh, this is so awkward," Donghyuck mumbled as he remembered getting kissed in this seat.

"It's even more awkward for me," Mark spoke calmly. "Look."

Donghyuck looked at the senior only to see him point at the backseat. The brunette followed Mark's finger, noticing that there was a palm-sized crucifix placed in the middle.

"Does that help you to erase the memories of railing a gay guy in your car?"

"Language," Mark growled.

"So... you're still in denial."

"It's uncomfortable for me to accept it happened."

"But it did, and that's not what straight people do. You weren't even that drunk."

"I know," Mark said dryly.

"So, with that crucifix... you're repenting?"

"I can't repent if I can't accept it."

Donghyuck locked his eyes on the outside, the terrible weather of fall. The wind was horrible, and now it started raining. Even though he sat in Mark's car, he felt better as the heater started working. Way better than trying to fight against the wind and rain couple.

"You say, it's awkward, but you don't seem that troubled about your situation," Mark said all of sudden. "It makes me think this isn't the first time it happened. You're just too calm right now."

This was like a thunderclap.

"Knowing how active you are, I bet I'm right."

Donghyuck knew someone would say this. Although it was the first time he ever got pregnant, Donghyuck, unlike Jeno and Mark, knew that this would happen. Seeing Noram every darn day prepared him mentally at least fifty percent. The rest was still for him to find out and he was anxious about it.

"No. It's the first time I was so dumb," Donghyuck shook his head. "I'm calm because if I were panicking, you would be crying."

Mark chortled as he leaned in his seat.

"I'm not going to lie, I do cry because of this. I believed I could graduate without any unnecessary drama and stress. Guess not..."

Donghyuck looked down at the hands he had formed into fists. He would love to have longer nails, so he could dig them into his palm. But, of course, that bad habit of nail-biting always made them short.

You see, Donghyuck felt guilty. He sure did it all for Noram as he didn't want to take the kid away from Future Donghyuck, and also from himself as he got to like the kid too. But everything that was happening right now was purely in his hands. Mark cried and was under stress just because Donghyuck confronted him. And, although it was better than shutting himself down and keeping it all a secret, it still had its flaws.

"What do you want to talk about?" Donghyuck said in a hoarse voice.

With an edge of his eye, he noticed Mark turning his head at him. Perhaps, the senior thought Donghyuck was tearing up. Well, he wasn't wrong. The boy just swallowed down his tears and acted normally right after.