12

the day after the man was found dead in his room, the twins and his wife were taken to the police station for questioning as witnesses.

haesoo, mr.kwak's wife, had said, "i went up to our bedroom to get him but when i opened the door, he was there, dead. i didn't know how to react and i screamed by instinct and thats when the kids cane in and saw the sight as well.. the boy was quick to think and phoned the police. i tried to see if aron was breathing but he wasn't and that's when the gravity of the situation sank in. that's all that happened."

hyunjin, who was next, explained, "mr.kwak was the prosecutor working on our mother's case from two years ago. we had lost touch until he met my sister in a grocery store once. after that he called us over for a talk. in all honesty, i have no idea what he wanted to talk about. when we went in, we were told to wait for him downstairs while mrs.kwak went to get him but we heard her scream and immediately went to check. then we saw him dead and i called you guys, the police, and yeah. thats what happened."

haneul had said the same, but she didn't mention the picture she had found that day she met mr.kwak at the grocery store.

ever since her mother's case resurfaced, she felt like the police was in on the murder. and even for mr.kwak, she had a feeling they weren't going to be of much help.

so, she decided to investigate the situation with her friends, more seriously and in depth this time.

haesoo, hyunjin and haneul exited the police station together. haesoo sighed and turned to look at the twins, "I'm sorry you had witness the same thing twice. this must be confusing for the both of you, i know. if you ever need me for anything, have my number."

she handed haneul a piece of paper which had her cellphone number written on it.

haesoo continued, "his funeral is tomorrow. you don't have to come if you don't want to, i think I've caused you much trouble already. im sorry." the guilt was obvious in her voice, which confused haneul

"why are you sorry?" she asked the older lady
"i don't know- i just feel like my husband has brought you both a lot of trouble. with the case, and now this. now that he's gone, i.. i feel like i owe you an apology.. "

minho welcomed the girl with open arms when she stepped into his room. she reciprocated the hug and held on tight.

they stayed like that in silence for a while before minho broke it
"what are you thinking?"

she sighed and looked up, resting her chin on his chest to make eye contact with him, "i feel like the police is gonna release a bullshit statement again. i want to look into this myself, with all of you guys this time, ofcourse."

he ruffled her hair and slightly smiled, "you're amazing, you know?"
"i know"
"we know" he continued
"lee know" she smiled

"what's lee know?" he giggled, finding the words random but she just smiled even wider
"no but for real, you're creeping me with that smile, han. whats a lee know?"

"idiot, its you! lee from lee minho and know because.. well, with you i feel like i have the power to knowing everything" haneul explained

"you're so cheesy" he pretended to cringe, but they both knew his heart melted at her words.

"and hence, i would want you to stay by my side all the time and forever"

"as if i wasn't planning on doing that already" he playfully rolled his eyes and leaned down to kiss her, which ofcourse, she returned

🍄
i proof-read this sm times bcs i dont want you guys to pinpoint any typos 😭😭

I HAVE SO MANY LIFE UPDATES OMFG HIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I MISSED YOU GUYS AND I MISSED HANEUL AND I MISSED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK ONLY WRITING IT AGAIN HAS MADE ME REALISE IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll start with saying, do you guys remember how i said that i was healing from a breakup like in chapter 7 or 8 i dont remb but i did mention it

I'VE MOVED ON LETSGOOOOO WE DON'T NEED MEN FRFR

im so excited to be back aaaaaaaaaaaaaa