Chapter 1

Moxxie wasn't really too surprised when their mission went wrong. He was surprised that it was the demon hunters. They were in the middle of a fight. He saw a gun flying towards his face. It knocked him backwards through a portal that he didn't even know was there. He was falling. He felt the cold concrete ground and went unconscious.

He woke up hours later. He saw a human scientist looking down at him. Moxxie screamed and scurried away. The human started speaking. "Don't be scared little creature. I'm not trying to hurt you." He explained.

Moxxie responded with the first thing he could think of. "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!" He screamed. The scientist looked shocked. "I didn't realize you can speak. What is your name?"

Moxxie replied after a moment of hesitation. "Moxxie. Who are you?" He asked.

The scientist was about to answer when a door opened behind him.

2 humans walked through the door, a woman and a man.

The scientist turned around and spoke "Oh, Hello Alyx. Have you seen Lamarr anywhere? She's gotten out of her crate again." Moxxie tuned out the rest and instead focused on the man who walked through the door, who was now crouching to eye level with Moxxie.

"Oh, Gordon, Alyx, this is Moxxie. I found him unconscious the teleporter room. That must have been how he got here." The scientist said. "What even is it?" The woman, apparently named Alyx, said. "He hasn't told me yet."

Another man walked into the room. "Well, is he here? There you are! Man, Gordon you stirred up the hive!" He spoke. "We can't keep him here long doc, it'll jeopardize everything we've worked for."

"Don't worry. He's coming with me." Alyx said.

Moxxie once again tuned out the rest of the conversation, until a weird crab like creature jumped on the man's head. Moxxie pulled out a pistol and aimed it at the creature.

The scientist saw this and screamed "Put the weapon down, Moxxie. She is completely harmless."

That was good enough for Moxxie. He put his gun away and saw the crab jump up into a vent.

Gordon came out of a room with a strange orange suit on. Moxxie for the third time tuned everything out. The scientist opened the door to a room with a strange machine inside. He sat down in the corner.

Alyx stepped into the machine, and it elevated her up. It looked like it was charging up for something, when one of the plugs came out of the wall. Gordon plugged it back in and flipped a switch. Alyx screamed and disappeared. Moxxie's eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. Until he heard her voice through a speaker and saw her on the screen. 

The scientist told Gordon to get into the machine. The last thing that Moxxie was expecting was for the scientist to tell him to get in the machine with Gordon. He did as he was told and stepped inside.

It elevated them and started to charge up. The other man threw the switch and right when they were about to teleport, the crab fell out of the vents and jumped at them.