Chapter 7

"Mother, sister, sister," I said, addressing all three.

They stared in shocked silence. I guess, I must have been quite a sight.

"What in God's name happened to you," my stepmother exclaimed with a disapproving frown.

My dress was torn, I was covered in mud, and my hair was soaked.

"Go get yourself cleaned up, this instant Cinderella!"

I did as she was told. Upstairs, I stripped off my dress and hung it carefully on the back of my chair, and walked over to where the wooden bathtub was. I filled it with water and settled into it, feeling the warmth wash over me. Much better.

The image of Saxon and I rolling around in the mud appeared in my mind. I could feel my face twitch into a crooked smile, before squashing down the feeling. Nope, I couldn't afford to think of him. So I sank down below the water, and attempted to let the hot water wash away all my thoughts.

Saxon's POV

"Damnit, damnit, damnit," I cursed. I actually enjoyed that. The fighting, the teasing, the rolling around and the swimming was actually fun. And she...she was feisty, and it admittedly turned me on. This hasn't happened since Maria, and I swore it would never happen again, but after only two days, this girl was making me soft!

"Never again," I grumbled to myself. I took a deep breath in and let it out, along with as many of my feelings as I could. This is purely blackmail, nothing more, and I needed to remember that. Blackmail, blackmail, blackmail.

I stormed into my apartment and slammed the door shut. Thank god for secret second homes. If not for it, I would have been stuck dealing with meddlesome family such as...

"Saxy," someone called out. Oh bother.

Julius turned the corner at the end of the hall, with the usual idiotic grin on his face and a drink in his hand.

"You look like you've been rolling around in the pig pen," He laughed as he walked closer.

"Oh fuck off," I grumbled, pushing past him into my room.

"Hmm, grumpier than usual," He mused.

"I said FUCK THE HELL OFF!" Why wouldn't he just leave me alone?

"Oh what a temper on this one, been like this ever since he was a child." He said to no one in particular.

"Can you just leave me be, dear-brother of mine," I said the last part as sarcastically as I could.

"You are, in fact, grumpier than usual today," He said. "Does it have anything to do with a particular beautiful female with a similar middle name to another beautiful women?"

"This is not the day to bring up her," I snarled.