puppy pound

a figure, almost twice your size, towers over you.

"is that a..."

"a new mascot!"

mascot? sure, if only mascots wore nothing mascot-like except for a fucking mask. he was forced into a dress-shirt and tie with those detective straps that crossed to his pants (that had thigh-holsters) like he was some sort of fancy hitman. the only thing you two had in common was that his mask matched the color of your current outfit.

you looked more upwards, the poor thing wore a fucking dog collar--- complete with a leash. one that your manager was grabbing onto so casually, like the thing was an actual docile dog!

"with how many fans have tried to grab, throw things at and trample you during your concerts. the supervisors have decided to get you a guard-dog!"

"what..." that's not a dog, that's a grown fucking man.

"see, it may not look like much, especially since it's shiba-pomeranian mix, but it's very useful. the higher-ups even made it a custom! so it's cute AND strong!"

"in what world is this a pomeranian?!"

"you know those military grade, k-9, police 'droids? he's modeled after them! don't worry, though, he won't bite! quite the opposite. he's a docile as can be!"

"i..." in the middle of your buffering, your manager shoved into your hand the leash they were holding onto.

"anyway, we've got... about a hour remaining until the concert starts! so ill be going to check on the preparations, you should try some teaching it some tricks. toodles!"

it's a fucking security android. they even named each of the models after breeds of dogs to hammer even more the idea of 'it's not a human'. coming straight from the package wearing a cutesy dog mask to help with the dehumanization aspect, why the fuck not make them straight up actual dogs instead of the pseudo bdsm dog-mask???

oh wait, because people are weird.

but you've seen the news, they're basically a 'shutdown' away from actually going against programming and turning terminator on humans. reporters say they 'learned' to cry. what a load of bull, why even program emotions into them anyway? it's like they're doing that shit on purpose.

you forced yourself to make eye contact with the dog mask. the head was a diamond shape like the original pomeranian 'mane' with the rounded ears but had the eyebrows of shiba. it was jarring to see the head of something that is commonly associated with small and cute plastered on something that was almost twice your height.

"what's your name...buddy...?"

no response.

"right... how about i..." you reached for the mask.

it's grip flew to your wrist, twisting it like a rag, seconds from snapping it in half like a twig.

"FUCK---" you tried to yank your wrist off his grasp, you almost fell as he suddenly let go of it, giving you a moment to fret over the abused limb, checking for damage and massaging the pain.

"shit..." so no reaching for the mask, that's a big fucking no-no.

you blinked, he grabbed your throat, tightening his grip everytime you managed to wheeze out a gasp of air, like a boa constrictor. lifting you higher by the neck, your hands clawing at his grip, desperate to even remotely lift your body along or loosen the hold he had on your neck. your legs flailed, tying to kick at his body, your eyes tearing up. you barely did jack-shit and he's already going killer on you?!

you yanked the leash that connected to his collar, his grip slightly loosened, leaving you with the ability have your final words being desperate, angry curses towards the android. you don't blame yourself, you're barely even a decent person.

"let go you fucking fleabag piece of shit robot!"

his hand opened and he dropped you, your back hitting the rug with a painful thud. your body curling at the pain and adrenaline, arms shaking as you pushed yourself up.

"fucking bastard." you spat out. docile your ass. this was the fucking custom made guard-dog the higher ups approved? it's fucking murder happy and you're the one under it's care!

despite your instincts to not provoke it further, your anger demanded revenge. you yanked the leash again, his body being tugged along to bend to your height.

"don't you fucking do that again, i'll have you fucking shutdown component by component. starting with your nerve-signals 'til they reach the piece of plastic you call your brain."

you yanked it further, curling the leash around your hand a few times. he was at an almost 90 degree angle.

"a dog is no good if it fucking bears it fangs at his handlers. if you want to make up for your attack you'll have to learn to be a good, obedient boy." you snarled, almost acting like a dog yourself.

"starting with basic tricks even a puppy knows--- now, paw." you put a palm outward, slightly bending the fingers in a cupping shape. 

a curled hand rested in yours, big enough that you had to spread your fingers to properly hold it. it was cold with a slight pearlescent glimmer on the silicone skin, it was almost transparent, seeing the diamond shaped joints of his knuckles.

"good boy." you shook the hand, once, then let go. his arm obediently returning to his side.

"sit."

he shuffled down, resting thighs on top of legs, his knees slightly spread in a subtle 'W', hands resting both in and in front of, the gap. he looked up at you.

"there we go."

"i can see that you two are getting along well." your manager whistled, suddenly walking in. 

the mutt raised to his full height, almost blocking you from sight like a human(?) shield. he almost loomed over them, trying to make the height difference between them and him stark obvious.

"whoa there, he got warmed up to you quickly, huh? what's your secret?"

"when is the performance starting?" you deflected.

---

pilot(?) chapter, lmk what y'all think. the concept's still pretty rough so it'll take a while to delve into actual full worldbuilding and development.