The Opening Sequence

[Yeonjun's POV]

Things were going well with me after our debut. We gained massive popularity in a span of a month. I became known as BigHit's legendary trainee solely for ranking first on every monthly evaluation which was revealed by my friends... What great little brothers they are... That aside Chaewon has been improving a lot especially in the span of a month. Unfortunately today was the day she's moving out of my apartment.

"Well, I'm gonna miss you Chaewon... You've kept me company these past few months," I said to her as she was carrying some of her belongings.

"Thanks Yeonjun. I will miss you too. You helped me get ready for this and you gave me a roof to sleep under. Wish me luck ok?" she said.

"I will and make sure you come by again! I'll keep your room clean for when you come back for a night. Say hi to my sister for me too!"

"Thanks and I'll tell Yena unnie you said hi. Take care ok?" Chaewon then hugged me and shed a tear.

"Stay safe..." I said before closing the door. I took a seat on couch, I felt sad. It's like everything after she left felt empty. I was already missing her. I would be able to see her, but it would be like a span of months before seeing her precious face... What? Now my heart feels upset.

Am I in love with Chaewon? For the past few months I was able to sing and dance powerfully, now I felt gloomy though not all that much. Since we met my heart beats faster whenever I'm with her. She's kind, she's thoughtful, and she's pretty. I didn't think much about what my ideal type was. I just cared about both of us liking each other. But maybe Chaewon sees me only as a friend. I decided to go inside the studio. I began to sing the lyrics we wrote for Run Away.

"In moments like those, when tears fill your eyes. Hold my hand tight, should we run away?" I sang. "Be my forever, call my name. Run away run away run away with me! At the end of the world, forever together. Run away babe give me an answer. Tell me yes, a no is no. Don't wanna stay now we go. If you and I are together, we run across the sky. Tell me yes, a no is no. Don't wanna stay now we go. Take me now to the magic named us..." I felt a little better after singing for a little bit. It just wasn't the same without her here. This isn't a good look for me. I'm feeling incredibly selfish for some reason!

I decided to go out and take a walk. Maybe I can grieve with ice cream. Good old mint chocolate yum. I walked to the ice cream shop one of the places where I made my first memories with Chaewon. When I go inside I'm surprised to find Kai ordering some ice cream. "Kai?" I said. Kai immediately turned around looking nervous and I waved at him.

"Oh it's just you hyung..." Kai said and gave a sigh of relief. "Getting ice cream too?"

"Yeah I need to grief... Want me to pay for yours?" I asked.

"Yeah sure thanks hyung!"

"Alright what flavor do you want?"

"Mint chocolate! It's my favorite."

"Hell yeah! Make that 2!" We both ordered our mint chocolate ice creams and got seated outside.

"What are you doing here Kai?" I asked.

"I wanted to get ice cream, but Soobin hyung wouldn't let me so I snuck out of the dorm..."

"Huening Kai what did we talk about?"

"Never leave unsupervised especially when you're not in the legal age."

"Look we'll let it slide this time."

"Ok but what are you doing here?"

"Grieving..."

"What for??"