6

Alexanders's POV

2 months have already passed since my CEO and the other employees quit their jobs. It's hard trying to hire good and trustworthy employees, I mean it, but what's harder is that I am doing the CEO's job ever since because of my girlfriend. She doesn't want to experience hardship yet she wanted this position. I don't quite get it until now.

I miss my former CEO. I miss Lea.

Not because I am now experiencing what she has been experiencing before but because of something else. I don't know. I am not mad at them for quitting their jobs because I fully understand now what are my mistakes. I've reflected and I know that I've been a total asshole to them.

"Babe, I'll just go to the nail salon, ha? You don't need to go with me naman. You go roam around." Vien told me in a very sweet way. I just nodded. I don't have any plans on going with her naman sa salon.

I roamed around until I reached Toy Kingdom. Woah, it's quite big! I entered the store and just window-shop. I saw several kids, some got what they wanted and some don't. It's heartbreaking and it's joyous at the same time for me to see their different reactions. 

I was busy looking at the available ps5 games not until a familiar figure caught my attention. Standing at the cashier, waiting for her items to be gift-wrapped. And when I say items, it's literally plural because they are a lot. If I'm not mistaken it was more than 10 boxes and some are really large.

Yes, it was Lea.

She's so different. She's just wearing a plain white shirt, sweatpants, and a pair of crocs. Her hair is untied, and freely flowing. On her hand are her cell phone and wallet. She doesn't even have her bag. Completely opposite when she's in the office, wherein her hair is always in an updo, her clothes are always formal and her shoes are always stilettos.

I panicked when she faced my direction because a lady in her 50s called her from the back. That's when I saw her face. She's just so fresh. They were just talking and laughing but it made my feeling light. Her resignation did her good. I am happy.

Few minutes more and they left the store already. She was accompanied by the old lady and three more staff from the store to help them with the items they bought. I wanted to go after her but maybe it was weird. I just let them vanish from my sight.

I decided to go home after that.

10 minutes into the road and I heard my phone ringing. I answered it without hesitations.

"Yes?"

"Babe, where are you? I am done."

Fuck, I forgot! Vien's with me! I am too preoccupied with Lea to the point that I forgot about my girlfriend.

"Where are you ba?"

"I am headed to the department store right now—wait, are you driving? Did you leave already without me?" Her tone is gradually increasing. Her pitch is rising.

"W-what? No! I was just playing games." I lied.

"Fine. Just call, ha?"

"Yes, I will." I ended the call and find the nearest U-turn slot. My God, what is happening to me?

-----------

Later that night, around 10 pm, I chose to go to the bar, Styx, alone. I just want to drink this feeling out. I chose to sit in the corner, near the bathroom, so I can enjoy myself.

I know that it is still goddamn early but I can already hear a couple fighting near the bathroom. It started with a whisper but then their voices started to raise. I tried not to listen to them but they were just really loud at this time.