𝐓𝐖𝐎

Life around the Outer Banks is both a blessing and a curse

Life around the Outer Banks is both a blessing and a curse. It can lead to happiness, adventure, and joy like you'll never feel, but it can also be cold, painful, and dark. There is no in-between.

John B strolls out of the bathroom, the early morning light creeping through the windows. He found himself going through his normal routine, which has never really changed since his father's disappearance. The smell of stale alcohol and cigarette smoke still lingered in the air from the previous night's party at the cemetery.

Passing the spare room, which JJ normally steals, John B looks into it to find a blonde girl under the boy.

"Guy! Come on, man, get out of here!"

he exclaims before throwing a plastic cup at the door. John B closes it, before continuing to walk through the main section of the chateau.

Kiara was lying on the sofa bed, her body draped in the soft blankets as she watched a video on her phone. Her tired eyes were glazed over the screen, trying to stay awake as the video played on.

"Morning Kie," JohnB calls out, waving his hand as if signaling the greeting.

"Morning," Kie responds, her voice deeper than usual with their morning voice squatting their vocal chords.

JohnB's hand reaches for the door before he is pushed away by a force, opening his eyes and blinking a few times to see the brunette girl in front of him. Her denim shorts that clung to her thighs and her bikini top that held everything together.m

She smiles quickly at JohnB before looking around the couch near Kie, who gently smiled at her, acknowledging her presence.

JohnB was still trying to shake off the sleep, and the sight of the brunette girl had caught him off guard.

"Is she here?"

The brunette girl asked JohnB, who hadn't even properly woken up yet and was just shocked at the sight of a kook at his door.