II

Aru started receiving dreams of her first life after her 33th birthday. It took her a while to recognize the dreams as her memories.

With the dreams came a severe cough, a small cough that grew worse over time. When Aru saw the blood she coughed up, she knew her time was coming to an end.

This was the last phase she had to endure before returning to heaven.

Not wanting to let Mook see her in such a sorry state, she hid her presence from him and patiently awaited nirvana.

...

Who would expect her history teacher to show up?

Luckily, she was undergoing restoration, a last minute process that recovered her body to full health before nirvana.

He would never be able to tell whether or not she was severely sick moments ago.

"Teacher, if it's okay, can you deliver these letters for me?" Aru passed the reaper a stack of letters.

It's a stack she wrote during the past three years. Each letter was addressed to an important person in her life.

The reaper took the letters from her.

"Thank you."

The reaper sighed. "What about you?"

Ever since he caught sight of her presence, Aru's soul had been flickering nonstop between life and death.

"Don't worry, I know what to do."

"..."

"Ah, there's one minute left!"

Aru pulled her bedsheets over herself and closed her eyes, a serene and bright expression on her face.

Slowly, the golden aura surrounding Aru lifted from her body, turning into a beautiful girl with feathery wings.

"I'll come by reincarnation high!" the girl chirped cheerfully.

She glowed brightly, turning into an orb of light that ascended to the heavens.