III

Somewhere else, a place where beings who reached nirvana lived.

A sea dragon wondered if he would ever get to see his love again.

After silently staying by her side for 19 years, Mook suddenly lost contact with Aru.

She simply went poof.

Panicked, worried, and anxious, he searched for her everywhere.

From the places she loved to visit, to the places she visited, and the places she hoped to visit.

He wished for even the smallest sign of her to show up somewhere, to let him know that she was alright, that it was all a dream.

But he couldn't find her anywhere.

His hopes of finding her gradually fell into helplessness as time flew by.

...

Two years later.

"Thinking about her again?"

Mook lifted his head.

The speaker was Gang Ho, his former classmate. Gang Ho dropped by every now and then to visit him.

Nowadays, the tiger kept trying to convince Mook to give up on Aru every time he came. It was infuriating.

Mook glared at Gang Ho.

"Wait!" Gang Ho held out his hands in a surrendering position, waving them frantically. "I'm not looking for a fight!"

Mook sighed, turning away from him. "What do you want?"

A pause. Gang Ho shuffled awkwardly.

"It's been a while."

A familiar voice. Mook swerved around, shocked.

"..."

"Hey." his old history teacher said.

"...?"

"Do you not remember me anymore? I'm hurt."

"No, it's just..." Mook thought he sensed Aru's presence from the reaper.

'No, I'm probably wrong...'

The reaper facepalmed, passing him a letter.

"From her."

Mook looked at him in surprise.

'Kids these days...' the reaper thought.

"Go ahead, read it somewhere private." He waved his hand at Mook dismissively. "Now that you've gotten yours, it's time for me to head back." Saying so, he disappeared in a cloud of black mist.

"...Thanks."