Act 1 Scene 3

Michael is walking to school. While he is walking he notices Henrietta is walking toward the school building.

Michael

(shouting) Hey! Henrietta! Wait up!

Henrietta hears Michael and notices him. She quickly turns away and pulls out a mirror to check her face for any signs that she'd been crying.

Michael

(walking up to Henrietta) Is everything ok?

Henrietta

Yeah, everything's fine. I'm just checking my makeup.

Michael pauses for a moment and gets a good long look at Henrietta's face. Michael hugs Henrietta.

Michael

Are you sure?

Henrietta

Yes. Why?

Michael

Just asking.

Michael kisses Henrietta.

Michael

You'd tell me if something's wrong, right?

Henrietta

Of course.

Michael

(sighs) Ok.

Michael and Henrietta walk into the school building together. Enter Ross. Once Michael and Henrietta are inside the school, they run into Ross.

Ross

(nervous) Hey Henrietta... (pauses) ...and Michael.

Henrietta

Hey Ross.

Michael

What's up, dude?

Ross

You know, same old. (noticing Henrietta's eyes) Hey Henrietta, are you ok? Your eyes look kind of puffy. Have you been crying?

Michael

I knew there was something off about you.

Henrietta

No and there's nothing off about me. I'm fine. It's probably because I didn't really get enough sleep last night.

Ross

Are you sure?

Henrietta

(frustrated) Yes I'm sure! Gosh, why do you two keep asking that? I just need to fix my makeup.

Henrietta leaves and heads towards a nearby restroom. Michael and Ross are now alone.

Michael

Looks like someone's on her rag. (sighs) I guess I'm gonna have to deal with it for next couple of days.

Ross gives Michael a look of disapproval and walks away. Michael is now alone.

Michael

And there goes bitch number two. Gosh what is with everyone being on their freaking rag?

Michael walks up to the restroom that Henrietta walked into and leans on a nearby wall. Enter Marie. While Michael is waiting, he notices Marie walk out that restroom. Marie notices Michael and winks at him. Marie walks up to Michael.

Marie

Hey cutie.

Michael

(shushing her) Don't say that in public. Someone might hear you.

Marie

Aw, don't tell me you're afraid of a couple of rumors.

Marie attempts to kiss Michael. Michael blocks it with his finger.

Michael

Again, not in public.

Marie

(frustrated) You seemed like you didn't give a shit the other night.

Michael

That's because it was at your house. Key word: house, as in a private area.

Marie

That's not the only private area you were invited into.

Michael

What happened the other day is in the past. I don't like looking back to the past.

Marie

Oh, come on, Michael. That's a truck load of BS and you know it. You liked it. I know you did. Why else would you let me take a video, and then ask me to burn you a copy of it? (leans in close) You can lie through your teeth all you want, but you know it's true. Your dick doesn't lie.

Marie kisses Michael. Michael lets her kiss him this time.

Marie

You see? You didn't push me away this time.

Michael looks both ways to check if anyone is watching.

Michael

You don't speak a word of this to anyone, got that?

Marie

(sarcastically) Oh yeah, sure. Scouts honor. See you later, cutie.

Maries walks away and exits the scene. Henrietta walks out of the restroom fully refreshed and updated on her makeup.

Henrietta

(to Michael) Does my makeup look fine?

Michael

Yeah, you're good.