Act 1 Scene 6

Class begins. Michael, Henrietta, Ross, Jasper, Ingrid, and Marie are students. Michael and Henrietta are sitting away from each other. Ross is sitting behind Henrietta. Jasper is sitting behind Michael. Marie is sitting in front of Michael. Ingrid is sitting in the far corner. Enter Teacher. The Teacher writes the words "Poetry" on the board.

Teacher

Ok class. Now can anyone tell me what they know about poetry?

Marie raises her hand.

Teacher

Yes, you there, Marie.

Marie

Poetry is gay.

Jasper gets offended by this comment and pretends like he didn't hear it.

Michael

Wow Marie, talk about an unnecessary comment.

Marie

Well it's true. The only people who like poetry are old people and faggots.

Michael

Seriously Marie, not cool. You shouldn't say things like that. You never know who might get offended.

Marie

Michael, if I didn't know any better I'd say you're a faggot, too.

Henrietta gives Marie a death stare.

Michael

Marie, we all know I'm not.

Marie

Whatever fag.

Teacher

That's enough Marie! I will not have such vulgar language in my classroom.

Marie

Sorry.

The Teacher begins to go on with the lecture. Jasper stares at Michael. Jasper becomes even more infatuated with Michael than before. The way Michael defended Jasper's sexuality became the ultimate aphrodisiac to Jasper. His heart began to crescendo in volume and beat. Jasper is staring at Michael's lips and begins to bite down on his lips. The temptation was driving Jasper to brick of insanity.

Teacher

Jasper! Repeat back to me what I just said.

Jasper

(snapping out of infatuation) Uh?

Teacher

Repeat back to me what I said.

Jasper

(clueless) Um... Uh...

Teacher

I thought so. Pay attention. Next time I see you dazing off, you're staying after class. (getting back on subject) Now class for homework I want you to get in groups of two and write a poem. This assignment is due on Monday so you have the whole weekend to work on it. I have also taken the liberty of assigning your partners ahead of time.

The class groans.

Teacher

Quiet down and listen up. Jasper, your partner is Michael. Henrietta, you're with Ross. Marie, you're with Ingrid.

Marie

(whining) What? Not weird picture girl.

Teacher

That's enough out of you Marie!

Jasper and Ross are the only ones excited about this. Michael and Henrietta are neutral. Michael turns around to talk to Jasper.

Michael

Hey Jasper.

Jasper

(nervous) Hey.

Michael

Aren't you the guy I bumped into earlier?

Jasper

Yeah... Sorry about that.

Michael

It's cool. So, do you wanna swing by my house later, or if your parents don't mind, you can come walking with me, I don't live far from the school.

Jasper

Um, sure. I don't think my dad will mind if I go with you. I'll just text him.

Michael

Alright sounds cool.

Ross taps Henrietta on the shoulder. Henrietta turns around.

Ross

(excited) So, whose house are we doing this at?

Henrietta

We can do it at mine, if you want.

Ross

Alright, I'll text you when I'm on my way.

The bell rings and the class is dismissed.

Teacher

Alright class. Have a great day. See you on Monday.

Marie gets stopped by Henrietta.

Henrietta

(acting nice) Hey, Marie. Can we talk?