Part 4: Reach

When Sug 'tefam's pod landed he heard the gunfire of UNSC assault rifles. "well here we are" he said as he grabbed the energy sword and needle rifle. he then opened the door and activated a plasma grenade and threw it into a group of four marines killing all four. he then shot 5 needles into one marine wounding him and Sug shot them in the face killing them. "Keep moving!' he called to the 6 jackals who landed with him. just then a sniper shot hit sug in the chest draining 30% of his energy shield. "one of you locate and terminate that sniper" sug said.

"already on it" one of the jackals said locating and shooting the sniper.

"good shot trooper" sug said. "let's keep moving" he added as he started walking cautiously. 

"FRAG!" called out one of the jackals as they dove away from the grenade. Sug did it too but was caught in the blast, it took away his shield and pieces of metal hit him everywhere cutting him and one impaled his arm, and the blast knocked him unconscious.

 "sir get up" said one of the jackals.

 "Marines incoming!" another jackal yelled. then sug's vision went black.

two hours later

sug woke up to the sound of a heart rate monitor. "where am I?" sug asked.

"huh, oh guys he's awake" Fluw said. "you're in a field hospital sug" he added.

"they hit you hard commander" Fluw said as he saw sug. "how are you feeling?" he asked.

"a little soar in the shoulder but that's it" sug replied sitting up. "what happened?" he asked.

"the jackals you were with said that your little group got fragmentation grenaded and you were severely injured so they rushed you to the nearest field hospital via wraith" Jir said.

"why does my arm hurt?" sug asked.

"a piece of shrapnel impaled your arm but the doctor removed it and patched it up, it'll be soar for a few days" Jeb said.

"okay, am I still allowed to fight?" sug asked. 

"yes, for now at least" fluw said.

"wheres Xadehi?" sug asked.

"he's currently engaged with a group of spartans called noble team, he's lost one hunter so far but he's doing fine" Jir said.

"and Mazaf?" sug asked.

"on a recon mission" Fluw said.

"hey guys I'm back, is sug okay" mazaf said as he returned from the reconnaissance mission.

"i'm fine" sug asked. "What's the battlefield like?" he asked.

"well Xadehi is retreating he's lost two more hunters" mazaf said. "I told him to lose noble team and come back here" he added. 

"this is our base" Jeb said. "we captured it just before you arrived unconscious" he added.

"where's the UNSC?" sug asked.

"they fled when we called a python tank and 2 scarabs" Jir said.

"wait where's Zasha?" sug said.

"who?" fluw asked.

"she's second in command of the elites" sug said.

"so she's technically your girlfriend" Jir said.

"NO!" everyone yelled at him.

"oh" Jir said. "I thought you would want company after your father was killed in action" he added.

"what?" fluw said.

"oh you guys didn't know" Jir said.

"wait how'd you find out?" sug asked

"I'm the leader of the jackals and skirmishers, whatever they know I know" Jir said.

Word count: 522 words