XIV: Signed and Stamped

Third POV

The day had been spent as nightfall was approaching.

Inside the dining hall, Uraraka sat next to Iida, Todoroki and Asui, eating her soup dish rather slower than usual.

She let out a quiet grunt and dropped her spoon into the aromatic soup with a plop before turning over to Todoroki who stared at his food boredly.

He hadn't even taken a bite or had a sip of wine since lunch had been served.

And it was now dinner time.

He was still thinking of Izuku who'd asked to be left alone.

"Maybe we should say something." She murmured, as her auburn eyes glistened at the sight of man.

Iida only placed a hand on her shoulder, finished the piece of bread he was chewing on, reminding Uraraka that Todoroki is merely following orders given to him by Izuku.

And if Todoroki thinks he should follow them then it's only best that we should too.

"Yeah, I guess so..." She nodded, picking back up her utensil and continued to eat in an uncomfortable silence even though there was chatter all around about what happened this morning.

Meanwhile on the opposite end, Kirishima stared at the empty seat.

He couldn't help but worry for Katsuki.

"Don't worry, I'm sure thing's work out." Kaminari's voice chirped, gently patting his friend's shoulder.

Kirishima only gave him a meager smile in response.

• • •

Izuku sat in the grand room for what felt like hours.

He just sat in a Katsuki's seat until the room turned dark.

He declined any food, stating that he wasn't in the mood to eat.

His nephrite jade eyes read over the treaty for hours upon hours; contemplating his decision.

He looked down to Katsuro, whose hue had been completely depleted since this morning, despite how much Izuku had tried to his best.

"Another one of our kids is going to die, but this time you chose not to stop it."

How dare he?

They still would have both their kids if it wasn't for his mom.

'I'm only looking out of Katsuro's best interest, right?' Izuku thought to himself, rocking Katsuro to his sleep.

But the boy remained wide awake.

Those sharp red eyes staring right back at their mother's green ones.

Izuku let out a pain staked sigh and decided that if he didn't make his choice now then the window to do so would close forever.