For Now

Chapter 4

Back in the now strangely lonely room, you sat next to a window towards the back of the small space. You watched as leaves blew in the area outside and wondered;

"My zanpakutõ. Why did she only appear to me then? All that time I was alone...she was always there."

You got up and walked to the middle of the room where a small fire was burning. You picked up a probe that was laying next to the fire to move the coals around. You soon learned that your entire mind may not have returned from the journey of meeting your zanpakutô. You stared at the fallen probe and then at your hand. Your eyes traced the line that was burned into the flesh of your fingers. You didn't feel the pain at first, your brain was still processing what had happened, but when you did, you immediately searched for something to quell it.

You looked around the room and saw that there was no water in sight. You rose quickly and left the room in search for something cold. The burn wasn't that bad, but it stung severely; especially when you moved your fingers. You wandered outside the barracks for a while, not wanting to go inside and take the chance of running into Byakuya. Even though you had tried to rid yourself of feelings, you still felt uneasy and even sadness when you were around him. You wandered for about ten minutes without any luck, by then the stinging had turned to burning.

You soon gave up and headed back to your detachment. You entered the room, but made to leave soon after. Byakuya was standing next to the fire, his back towards you. Hoping that he didn't notice you, you backtracked and exited the room. You turned so quickly that you didn't notice the person behind you and you ran right into them. You fell on the person and without bothering to look at who it was, you got up and stepped back. Unfortunately, Byakuya had followed you out of the room and was standing behind you. Your back met his chest and you froze. Quickly, you moved away from him.

"My apologies."

You then looked down towards the person that you knocked over. It was Renji.

"Why is he here? "

"Wow, someone was in a hurry. I've never met anyone who's so quick to get away from you captain." Renji laughed and rose from the ground.

You apologised to Renji and made your way away from the two of them. Byakuya was blocking the door to your room, so you moved to go elsewhere. Before you had the chance to even turn around completely a hand touched your shoulder.

"Hey, theres no need to be so afraid. He doesn't bite I promise."

You looked at Renji then towards Byakuya, whose eyes were closed, then back to Renji.

"Why are either of them here?"

"What's wrong?"

"There is nothing wrong with her. She's probably just wondering why we're here."

"Oh, right. Well do you want to tell her or should I?"

"Can I go back into my room?"

"No, we have have business that we must speak with you about?"

"Like what?"

"Well for starters, You're not going to Los Noches."

"Why is that?"

"Wow, you could be a little more excited about not having to fight hollows non stop for who knows how long. Sheesh."

You looked between Byakuya and this, Renji, person.