Moments in Dear Evan Hansen (The Movie) That sums up my Life pt 1

(In Italic is someone else. in normal letters is the relatable part.)

"Dear Evan Hansen, today is going to be an amazing day, and here's why: because, today, all you have to do is just be yourself. But also confident. That's- That's important.  And interesting. Easy to talk to. Approachable. But mostly, be yourself. You know, that's number one, obviously. Be yourself. But, like, a confident version of yourself? Like, approachable, and interesting, and not weird or anxious or depressed, but you're NOT weird, anxious or depressed. I don't even know why you're bringing it up. You can't be scared to talk to other people, you said that you'd be better. You said that this year would be different. Do you like having no friends? All you have to do is be yourself."

--

"You didn't eat last night?"

"I wasn't hungry..."

"You're a senior in High School, you need to be able to order dinner for yourself, you can do it all online! You don't have to talk to anybody!"

"Okay.. but that's not- that's not true actually, though, because, uhm, the credit cards expired, so you have to meet the delivery person at the door, y'know, you have to pay them with cash at the door, you have to greet them. Y'know, you have to figure out the right- the right uhm, the- the proper greeting-"

---

"Hey! Maybe she's into you, too! Maybe you should talk to her. Tell her how you feel." 

"I've tried talking to her..."

"Really?" 

"Yes! Yeah, I- I stayed afterwards, uhm, last year, after the Spring jazz band concert, but uhm, I didn't go up to her because I was worried my hands were sweaty, which they weren't even that sweaty- I just.. I was worried that they were sweaty, and sometimes worrying that they are sweaty makes them sweaty, so- so I just went to the bathroom, and I put them under the like- the hand dryer thing, but then- they were still sweaty- they were-just- uhm, they were just also warm.."

"I was kidding- you OBVIOUSLY should not talk to her- you are a literal disaster."

*That was just from the first 7 minutes of the movie- help.*

"So.. what happened to your arm, exactly?"

"Um.. I was climbing a tree- and I fell... it was stupid."

"You fell out of a tree? What are you- five?"

--

"Uhm.. No one's signed your cast..." 

"No- I, I know.."

"I'll sign it."

"Oh- you really don't have to-"

"Do you have a Sharpie?"

"Oh- uhm, I don't.. Shoot."

"Oh- here's one.."

"...Nice."

*Writes CONNOR in large letters on Evan's cast*

"Wow- that's... great."

"Now we can both pretend we have friends.."