4. Party

Ariana's POV

My eyes slowly started to open and I realised Jack and I fell asleep after our little work out session in bed. His arms were wrapped around me and I gently rubbed his hands as my thoughts ran wild. I don't know what's going on with me, I love Jack but Dalton is just stuck in my head and I don't know what to do about it. I'm a little nervous about tonight, I'll be seeing him and I want to make a good impression. Oh no I forgot to go shopping! I gently woke Jack up from his sleep. "Babe" I said which caused him to slowly open his eyes. "What time is it" he asked in his sexy sleepy voice. "Babe we have to go to the shop I need to find something to wear to the party. He sat up and rubbed his eyes until he was fully awake. "Alright let's go babe" he said and we started to get dressed and headed outside to the car.

Once we arrived at the mall, we went into so many different shop searching for a cute dress. Jack found a really nice outfit but he won't show me until tonight, he said he wants it to be a surprise. I'm trying to find the perfect dress and it's so difficult. "This one is nice" Jack said as he held up a nice silver dress. "Wow that is really pretty" I said and went to try it on. The dress was nice on me but it seemed a little bit basic, I wanted to go all out and look incredible. I walked back out of the change room and in the corner of my eye a spotter a beautiful dress. "Babe can you go grab that dress for me please" I asked and pointed to the one I was staring at. "Woah that dress would look incredible on you" he smirked and went to pick it up for me. I tried it on and I was in love. This is the dress. Jack paid for the dress and we headed home to get ready for the party.

Jack was in the closet changing and I was in the bathroom doing my makeup and hair. I have to make sure I look perfect tonight, I want Dalton to see me all dressed up. Just then I heard a knock at the door. "Can I come in babe?" Jack called from the other side of the door. "Of course" I was a little bit excited to see Jacks outfit. He was wearing (pic below). "Do you like my outfit?"

 "Do you like my outfit?"

"Oh my goodness. Jack you look so handsome" I smiled and he started blushing. "Thanks baby" he kissed my cheek. "But you're gonna be the star of the show tonight with that dress. I can't believe you didn't show me what it looked like on you" he frowned giving me a puppy dog face. "I wanted mine to be a surprise too. But I think you're gonna like it" I winked causing him to smirk. "I already know you're gonna be the best dressed at the party" I told him to leave so I could finish getting ready. I just finished my hair so I started on my makeup. Then slipped in my new dress. I walked out into the bedroom but Jack wasn't there. He was stood out on the balcony looking over at the ocean. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah ba- Woah"

He turned around and eyed me from top to bottom

He turned around and eyed me from top to bottom. "Wow..... you look so beautiful" he said, still searching my body with his eyes. "What's wrong you look upset" I asked. He walked closer to me, placing a gentle kiss in my forehead. "I'm scared" he said. I furrowed my eyebrows confused. "Of what?" He sighed, holding both of my hands. "What if I lose you? Look at you, you're way too good for me, what happens if someone else comes along and takes you from me?" He looked like he was really upset. I feel really guilty, I haven't been fair to him. I can see he's trying so hard and it's not fair of me to be thinking about someone else. I have to stop, Jack is my man and I want to keep it that way. I can't think about Dalton anymore. "Jack, you have nothing to worry about. I'm your girl as long as you treat me right. That's what will stop you from losing me" he kissed me with his soft lips. "I will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. With respect, loyalty and love. I will be the man you deserve, I promise Ari" I really do think things will be different with him. It's only fair for me to let him prove himself.

When we arrived at the party, there was already a couple hundred people. Luckily her house is big. "ARI" Alexa came running over to me with her arms out wide ready for a hug. I embraced her into my arms and squeezed her super tight. "I've missed you" I said as I stood back and admired her outfit. "You look stunning" I smiled. "Girl you're the one that looks stunning are you kidding me. That dress must have cost a lot of money" she winked. "Oh it did" Jack smiled as he put his arm around my shoulder. "Hi Jack" Alexa said bluntly. She looked at me with frustration. "Can we talk for a minute?" She said as she pulled me upstairs away from Jack. "What is he doing here?" She rolled her eyes. "I know I know, but he's been putting in a lot of effort. I think he realised how much he hurt me and he's been making it up to me" I explained. She stood there shaking her head. "Ari he's never gonna change, remember the asshole he was in high school? He's always gonna be that asshole, he's not your high school sweetheart he's just here for fun" she yelled quietly. "You think he's only with me for fun?" I asked, crossing my arms. "No that's not what I meant. I'm trying to say, boys like that don't change, he's going to keep treating you like this because he knows you will forgive him every time. You can't let him think that Ari you're smarter than this" she's right. He was an asshole, he's treated me awfully and I don't know if he is genuine or not. "I understand what you're saying but it's really hard to let go of someone you love. I can see a difference in him, the way he's been acting is nicer than usual. I don't know what's changed, maybe he's beginning to realise he's not in high school anymore so he's ready to make better decisions. I don't know but I have to see what happens and I need you here with me" I said which caused her to sigh. "I'm always gonna be here with you, I just don't want you getting hurt" she frowned before embracing me into a hug.

We headed back downstairs and I went searching for Jack. I walked in the kitchen and my eyes almost burst open. I saw Jack and Dalton talking and laughing together. Oh wow Dalton looks so damn hot, how am I suppose to get through the night.

———————

I'm so sorry I know it's been a while since I've updated. If you have returned to this story to read the new chapter after so long thank you so much! I appreciate every read and every like and every comment, it motivates me to continue writing for you guys. Thank you so much, get ready for the next chapter coming soon 😊