Chapter 139 - Melanie and Juvia

A New Fairy Tail Legend

Chapter 139 - Melanie and Juvia

"Why did this have to happen?", I asked.

"Ugh, I just don't understand her," Gray said with a frustrated tone.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled, "Don't worry about it, I'll take care of her."

He smiled and nodded.

Juvia was sobbing on the ground as she was kneeling on her knees, "WAHHH!! GRAY-SAMA!! IT'S TRUE ISN'T IT!!! MELANIE AND YOU ARE BACK TOGETHER!!! WAHH!!"

I walked towards her slowly, "J-Juvia...please! Don't be upset!"

She stood up and snapped, "How could I be upset!!! I was rejected, left Lyon and now I am rejected again! How do you think I feel?! LOVE RIVAL!!!"

"J-Juvia...I—"

A dark aura surrounded her, "I will not forgive you!"

I stepped back, "Juvia..please calm down! I don't want to fight you! I'm sorry that you feel this way! You know I don't want to anger you!"

"I'm already angry!"

"Melanie..", Gray stood in front of me and spoke to Juvia in a calm voice, "Juvia listen to me okay..she didn't mean any harm." He looked down, "It's true."

Juvia's eyes widened as she calmed down.

"Melanie and I are back together...so please don't be angry. We don't want any trouble," Gray spoke.

Juvia was silent.

Then, she grinned, "I understand...Melanie is a nice person anyway. I can understand why you love her."

I heard what she said and smiled.

"I'm sorry...I just...", she started to cry again as she remembered Lyon, " I'm so alone!"

I walked in front of her and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Are you really?"

"Huh?"

"Never say that, because...we are all here aren't we? Who cares if some relationship doesn't work, you have us as friends don't you?"

She looked around as we all smiled at her. She smiled back as well, "Yeah."

We both smiled at each other.

Gray smiled at the two of us in the background as well.

Later..at night..

Gray was going to walk me home when we stopped by a voice.

"Gray! Melanie! Hold on!", Juvia said waving her hand.

"What is it?", I asked.

"I-I'm sorry about how I acted. You're right Melanie, I shouldn't be all worked up so much. Thank you for what you said to me."

"Heh. No problem. It's true, anyway."

"You two have a good night!"

"You as well Juvia!"

"Goodnight, Juvia," Gray said with a wave.

"Good night!", she waved with a smile as we left her behind.

"Juvia sure is something..", I spoke. "At first I thought she was going to battle with me."

"I thought so too. Even if she was," he looked at me with a smile, "I would have been able to protect you."

"What?"