Chapter 123 - Restart

A New Fairy Tail Legend

Chapter 123 - Restart

I walked with everyone, leaving Fairy Tail behind us, heading towards the area where we just got a job.

Everyone were chatting happily, excited for the job while I just forced a smile and looked to side, feeling worried.

Why did my eyes turn rainbow colored again? Why did I have that nightmare?

That nightmare seemed so clear to me. I really heard Rose's voice.

I woke up with a headache.

I looked down. Just what is going on with me?

Glitches from my nightmare appeared in my mind as I felt my head throb for a few seconds causing me to stop walking and place a hand on the area of my head that had pain.

Everyone stopped and noticed me.

"Melanie, are you okay?", Lucy asked with worried eyes.

I removed my hand and made an assuring smile, that was forced. "I'm fine. I just have a little headache, that's why. It will be gone."

"DId you have enough sleep last night?", Wendy asked nicely with worried eyes.

I kept my smile, "I don't think I did...that's probably why I got a headache."

"Well then, Melanie. Once we are done with this mission, you should go straight home to rest," Erza spoke. "We will handle everything else once this mission is over."

"Thank you, Erza."

"No problem at all," she said with a smile as she patted my back and we all continued to walk towards the location where the job will be held.

--

At the location...

"There were scavengers who came here to rob my house. They also kidnapped my children. I saw that they had magic so I couldn't interfere with them. I don't have magic so I couldn't protect my house or my children! Please find them and the stuff that was stolen! THey were all precious to me!", a desperate mother begged in front of us as her knees were on the ground and she was in tears.

"Don't worry, miss. We will take care of the culprits," Gray said reassuringly.

Natsu placed his fist in his hand, "You can count on us!"

"Thank you very much members of Fairy Tail!"

"Let's go everyone!", Erza yelled as we all ran away and head into the forest.

We decided to split up into the groups. I was teamed up with Gray and we were chose to head towards the west side of the forest.

We kept on running and looking around, making sure we wouldn't miss the culprits if they were trying to hide or if they were still running away.

We couldn't really find them, so I stood and took a breath, "I can't find them anywhere."

Gray stopped and took a breath as well. Then, he spoke without looking at me, "Are you feeling okay?"

I looked at him, "What do you mean?"

He looked at me, "Your head used to hurt before....when Rose was with us..."

I knew what he meant. I looked down.

"Are you sure you are alright? I know the headache may seem normal, but still....is something causing you to have a headache?"

Fragments of that nightmare glitched in my mind, making me silent.

"Melanie?"

I snapped out of my trance and looked at him, "Don't worry, Gray, I'm fine. I'll let you and everyone else know when something is wrong. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."