Chapter 140 - The Light Wizards of Fairy Tail

A New Fairy Tail Legend

Chapter 140 - The Light Wizards of Fairy Tail

"Laxus. Melanie. Thank you for coming immediately," Master spoke as he had a stern look on his face.

"Of course, Master. What can we do?", I asked.

"I have a job for the both of you. It is a job that only you two can attend to."

Laxus and I were silent as we listened to what he had to say.

He continued, "Unfortunately, a wizard is roaming around a certain and mind controlling people with dark magic. It is your duty to use your Light Magic to stop him and save the people he took control of. This was a new job that was posted on the board this morning. I thought of you two once I heard of it. I know that you two will have no trouble doing this job."

I looked down.

Master noticed and spoke to me, "I know that Light Magic is your true power, Melanie. This is your chance to use it however you like."

I looked at him with confidence and smiled with a nod, "I'll do my best."

He smiled back, "Good." He looked at Laxus, "Laxus. It is your duty to work with Melanie and fight by her side."

"Got it," Laxus replied.

Master looked at the both of us, "You both take care of each other and be careful."

Laxus and I nodded.

"Okay, you can go now," Master spoke as we turned around and headed towards the door.

"Melanie! Good luck!", Lucy smiled and waved.

"Good luck!", Wendy did the same.

I waved and smiled back, "I will thank you!"

"We'll tell Gray where you went when he comes back from his job!", Lucy added.

"Okay!", I replied back.

Before I entered Fairy Tail today, Gray already went to a job. He was early and Mirajane had already found a job for him.

Since Fairy Tail recovered, Fairy Tail has become a little more organized. Mirajane has been in charge of assigning jobs and whenever she finds a job for a specific someone, she will immediately give the job away. That is the system we have been relying on now. Whenever there is an important job in mind, Master will be the one to assign the job to people who he will trust to get the job done.

The job we got was based on a specific type of wizard who is vulnerable to Light Magic. So, Master chose Laxus and me.

"So, where is the town again?", I asked Laxus as he walked ahead of me.

"It should be around this area," he replied.

This is my first time working with Laxus, an S-Class Wizard. Man...I'm so nervous. I know that I have worked with Erza before, but...that was when I had the power of  Rose. But now...I can feel the pressure...

Laxus thought I was too silent and stopped walking to look at me, "Melanie."

I didn't pay attention and bumped into him. I gasped and took a step back, "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to—"

"Are you okay?" He exhaled, "You don't have to be so nervous around me."

"I-I'm sorry..", I replied, fumbling with my thumbs.

"It's okay, but if we are going to do this job you have to stop being so isolated."

I looked at him as he grinned, "I have to thank you for being friends with Aurelie. When she was little, she was always so shy. Then, she started to open up a bit more. She was always so active and hyper that people became overwhelmed by just hanging out with her. But with you and everyone else, she feels so happy. Thank you."