Part two

Dazai POV:
I hear someone walk into the bathroom. I tried to hold back my tears but I failed. After a minute I was curious why they were still there. I finally heard them knock on the door. "Yes..?" I say, managing not to cry even more. "May I come in?" That familiar voice sends a wave of relief throughout my body. "Sure, Ranpo.." I reach forward and unlock the stall door.

Ranpo POV:
When Dazai unlocks the door I gently push it open, and walk in. Sitting down on the floor farthest from Dazai. I look up at him staring into his beautiful crimson eyes. I then ask him, "Are you ok?" with a gentle tone.

Dazai POV:
"Are you ok?" As soon as he says that I feel my eyes start to tear up again. "It's been so long since someone has asked me that..." I say trying not to stumble on my words as I hold back tears. I see Ranpo stand up and walk towards me. I look at him with a confused expression. His hand reaches and pets my head, his fingers tangling in my messy brown locks. I feel my face start to heat up. "But seriously, are you okay? I'm really worried." I notice how serious and worried his voice sounds. "Not exactly, no. I'll be fine don't worry." I somewhat regret not answering truthfully. If I'm being honest being able to talk about it would be helpful. I look in shock as I feel Ranpo's hands on my cheeks, pulling my face closer to his. "Please don't lie to me, Dazai." He says with a gentle smile, and comforting softness in his voice. I sighed. "How did he know?" I think to myself "fine I'll admit it. I'm not doing ok, not in the slightest... What gave it away?" I say in a confused tone, turning my head very slightly to the left. "You really think I'm that dumb? It's obvious! You've been shaking, and you look horrified! I even heard you crying earlier!" I feel almost shocked that he heard my cry, I could have sworn that I concealed it well. "Oh, I see..." I say with a defeated tone. "Hey we should probably get back to the others." I realize that he doesn't understand, but I still follow through with it. Once we stand up to leave he holds my hand making me feel reassured. Maybe he does understand, and he is trying to comfort me?