Chapter 5

Once Paige had dropped the Hardy boys home she was greeted with Cynthia, who dragged her into the house and faced with Cynthia's three tiered make-up kit.

"For the next hour and a half you are under my control," Cynthia said.

Pushing Paige down onto the plastic desk chair, Cynthia plugged her phone into the speakers. Paige's self-esteem plummeted as the Wicked soundtrack blared out into the tiny bedroom. Having her friend whinge about her clothes and the blackheads on her forehead, made everything worse. Considering Cynthia was taller and thinner, made the clothing situation worse. Paige tugged on her jumper sleeves, as her friend flew around her room like a hurricane, tearing clothes out of the closet, before throwing them onto the bed with a dejected sigh. 

"This is the best I can do," Cynthia said, throwing out a plain black skirt and white blouse. "Gawd you're going to look like you're going to a job interview. Come on Paige how am I going to turn Sandra Dee into Rizzo." Digging through her underwear drawer pulling out a thin pair of stockings. 

"Didn't Rizzo have a pregnancy scare-" Paige started, biting on her lip. A pregnancy scare was the last thing she needed. Not that she was planning to go there.

"Shhh, I'm raiding Zoe's closest. Now go into the bathroom and shower. Make sure you shave!" 

***

After making sure that Paige had showered, shaved and plucked, Cynthia started on make-up. Paige straightened up and tensed as Cynthia attacked her face. She'd always thought that stage make-up was bad, it was nothing compared to a seventeen year old girl with an eyeliner pencil.

"You know what my new philosophy is?" Cynthia said.

"Why are you telling me?" Paige asked.

"I never knew you paid so much attention to all the musicals I showed you."

"Of course I did. Ouch! Careful of my eye."

"The lady doth protest too much. Now get changed. My new philosophy is to never help you out with this stuff ever again."

Paige didn't utter a single word after that.

***

By seven forty-five Paige was ready. She felt  constricted by the skirt but had placed her faith in Cynthia, it didn't stop her from plucking at the hem with her fingers. Her hair had been pulled into a high ponytail like usual with her fringe straightened and strands of her shaping her face.

A knock on the door stopped Cynthia from fussing over a flyaway hair, brandishing a can of hairspray like a weapon. She pulled Paige up and linked arms with her, walking her down the stairs so she didn't fall in her heels. They entered the kitchen, Cynthia let go of her, pushing her towards the door, causing her to stumble. Paige wiped her sweaty palms on her skirt and opened the door.

Fen.

Closing the door with a slam, she walked back over to the kitchen, where a disappointed Cynthia sat.

Evidently her hostility had been ignored, as he waltz into the kitchen, sitting down next to Cynthia. Zoe ruffled his hair, from behind, hugging him from behind. 

The two teenaged girls were ready for blood. Fen took a good look at Paige before saying anything.

"Wow...youlookpretty...stunning even," he said, quickly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I was going to ask if you wanted to run lines but you look like you're busy. It's alright I'll stay and run them with Cynthia."

"Nice try buddy. Come with me," Cynthia said. 

***

She marched Fen out to the driveway. "Fen, I know that you've liked Paige for years. I think that she has finally moved on and I think you should let her move on. Yeah, Brian isn't the best guy but let her be happy. I think you should go home. I can drive you if you want," she said.

He shook his head. Cynthia wrapped her arms around him. She lent his head on her shoulder. "I'm going to go now."

Fen ran from the house, clutching his script to his chest, cheeks blazing red. Slowing to a walk, he meandered down the road, pulling out his contact lenses, just for something to distract him from the embarrassment. Stupid. Idiotic to even think that pining after a girl would win her over he thought.

A/N: Hello everyone this update was shorter because I remembered I wanted to split it into two and was going to put it at the end of the last chapter but oh well. Popular really does remind me of Paige and Cynthia "your whole life is going to change and all because of me" I can see that happening in Cynth's mind.

How is everyone?

Please vote and comment. Each vote equals a hug for Fen and boy does he need one.

I'm really excited for the next couple of chapters so stay tuned they'll hopefully be up soon.

Thanks for reading. Any errors let me know

Gina x