𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼𝒳

[𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼𝒳
[𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓈 𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔

[𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝐼𝒳[𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓈 𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔

Celestria POV

Triss and Vesemir's conversation quiets as I walk passed them, more focused on not slipping against the snowy floor than whatever nonsense their whispering about. "Ciri," I call out to the young girl who's been training in the blistering cold for what seems like the whole day. "That's enough for the day love,"

"I'll be in soon mum," She calls out, continuing to do the sword training Geralt and I taught her. I can see her chest huffing in exhaustion as she continues to train. I sigh heavily, wishing I could ease her worries. She shouldn't be this afraid at such a young age. She should be experiencing her life to its fullest, enjoying her youth while she can.

"Ciri, please don't make me ask you again," She pauses her movements, huffing in annoyance as she stops, climbing down from the training post. I wrap my arm around her shoulders, allowing my shawl to drape over her. We walk passed Vesemir and Triss, this time their focus is more on Ciri. What in the world is going on with those two? "You know I do this because I care for you, right?"

She nods but doesn't seem convinced. "Ciri, you train so hard but that doesn't mean it's the only thing you must do. You are safe here," We get inside Kaer Morhen and she still says nothing. "Ciri, do you think I can't protect you? That I won't do everything in my power to make sure you're safe?"

"Of course, I believe that!" She swiftly turns to face me, her face red with anger. "But I refuse to be the reason my mother dies! I refuse to lose a mother, again! I can't allow that baby who hasn't even known your love to die because of the love you have for me. I need to be able to fend for myself. To if it comes down to it, to," She pauses, looking down before looking back up at me with glossy eyes. "To save you. To protect you,"

"Oh Ciri," I pull her into a hug and she holds me tightly. I pull away ever so slightly to look her in the eyes. "You never need to worry about me dying. Many have tried to kill me and none have come close. I've survived much worse than whatever could be after you. And whatever that thing may be, just know, that it will die before it will hurt my children. Do you understand?" She nods, a stray tear escaping her eyes. I brush it away gently, before kissing her forehead. "Now go wash up,"

I watch as she scampers off, my hand absentmindedly resting on my stomach. The hairs on my arms stand tall as this deep feeling of worry seeps into my bones. What if she's right? What if I'm unable to protect her? Unable to protect my baby? Unable to protect me? "You majesty," I turn around to see Corina, standing there with a smile.

"Yes,"

"I believe you should sit down, you look a bit faint," I nod, taking her hand as she leads me toward a bench. A faint smile is on my lips despite the horrid thoughts plaguing my brain.