Chapter Eight: The Seven Deadly Sins

"I found it!" Emlyn exclaimed after finally spotting a book with a dark cover. She somehow knew it was the one like Horrace said, and Stella rushed over.

"Thank Alexandra, finally!" Stella said, and Emlyn looked at her, confused. 

"What did you just say?" She asked, never having heard that expression before.

"Thank Alexandra; why?" Stella asked, also now confused. 

"I've never heard anyone say that; we normally say "thank god."" Emlyn chuckled, as did Stella. 

"Oooh, that's this world's thing; in our world, since Alexandra was the greatest conqueror from the beginning of time, we say that," Stella explained.

"Interesting, anyways the book says we have to collect an artifact from each of the rulers of the 7 deadly sins. Rulers? Aren't those things like internal problems?" Emlyn asked, and Stella chuckled.

"In this world, they are perceived that way, but in every other realm, they are presented by physical entities; there are rulers, and then they have their armies," Stella said, and Emlyn sighed.

"This shits confusing; come on, let's go back and get the others so we can find out where we have to go," Emlyn said, and the two left the library. They got in Emlyn's car and drove the long ride back to The White Castle.

***

"We have to open a portal to their realm; that's how you get there," Mystic said after Emlyn and Stella had explained what they had to do. 

"Can you open the portal?" Emlyn asked, and Mystic nodded. 

"I should be able to, but we should figure out what the artifacts are first. If we don't, they could lie to us." Mystic suggested, and Emlyn opened the book again and flipped through the pages. 

"It doesn't say in here what they are; just when they are placed together, they'll create a portal to a very dark place we can send Camilla. It doesn't even say the place; however, it says it's nearly impossible to get out of. I guess that's a plus." Emlyn said and then heard a voice behind her.

"It's hell, or what you people call it anyway. More commonly called the underworld, my parents rule that place, and I confirm it's impossible to get out of." Ginger said who had come back after going all over the world getting rid of demons. 

"Your parents are the rulers of hell?" Emlyn asked, and Ginger glared.

"Underworld, and yes. They hate each other and didn't even have sex to have me. They used a fucking spell, pussies." Ginger said with an eye-roll, and Emlyn nodded. 

"Right, do you know what artifacts are possibly?" Emlyn asked, and Ginger nodded.

"Of course I do, but I demand to come with because I'm not staying here alone to be slaughtered," Ginger replied, and Emlyn rolled her eyes.

"You can come; now, what are they?" Emlyn asked with a sigh. 

"Pride is his crown; Greed is the 7 jewels of the 7 sins; he took all of them cause, obviously, he's greedy. Envy is a green snake glass figurine; gluttony is a silver spoon; wrath is a fire orb, and sloth is a pillow." Ginger explained, and Emlyn raised an eyebrow. 

"That's only six; what's lust?" Emlyn said, and Ginger sighed.

"Fine, I didn't want to say it at first, but if you insist, it is a red glass dildo," Ginger said, and Emlyn's mouth dropped open. 

"You're joking, right?" She asked. 

"No, that's what it is," Ginger replied with an eye-roll. Emlyn and her friends started giggling. 

"Of course it is; well, in that case, Mystic open a portal," Emlyn said, and Mystic nodded. 

She waved her wand and a portal opened in front of them, and they all stepped through. On the side was a very dark world. Everything was black and cloudy; in the distance, they could see 7 castles. 

"Each ruler has their own respective castle," Ginger said, and the others nodded as Emlyn led the way to castle number one.